• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is paedophilia is natural and normal for males?"

Collapse

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    half the married couples I know have that gap
    You mean years between having sex?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    When they were married, or today?

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    general rule of thumb for a man

half your age + 7 is the minimum age for a lady to be to be on the recieving end of your amorous attempts.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Why the distinction?

The under 16-year-old is the same in both cases.
    You will already find the police and prosecution authorities will not prosecute a 16 or 17 year old having consentual sex with a 15 year old. Their ages are too close, and there seems to be some common sense in the system that recognises that although technically illegal giving the 16 or 17 year old a criminal record and forcing them onto the sex offenders register is silly for doing what happens routinely up and down the country every single day. I would prefer the law were changed so that if the participants are fairly close in age it is decriminalised, or made a very minor crime.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

half your age + 7 is the minimum age for a lady to be to be on the recieving end of your amorous attempts.
    What is the age I should be to attempy AndyW's mum?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Older than your kids is probably good too...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    depends, I personally wouldn't get upset by, say, a 17 year old with a 15 year old, or in extreme a young twenty something with a 15 year old. But this is still illegal here. I don't think 16 is a magic age, there is a long graduation for most people.

on the other hand a 30 plus with an under 16 is a big no no.
    Why the distinction?

The under 16-year-old is the same in both cases.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    CAPULET

But saying o'er what I have said before.
    My child is yet a stranger in the world.
    She hath not seen the change of fourteen years.
    Let two more summers wither in their pride
    Ere we may think her ripe to be a bride.

PARIS

Younger than she are happy mothers made

Romeo & Juliet. Act 1 Sc 2.

O Tempora! O Mores!

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    depends, I personally wouldn't get upset by, say, a 17 year old with a 15 year old, or in extreme a young twenty something with a 15 year old. But this is still illegal here. I don't think 16 is a magic age, there is a long graduation for most people.

on the other hand a 30 plus with an under 16 is a big no no.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think one parallel to homosexuality can perhaps be drawn. For how long did we think being gay was very uncommon simply because most gay people kept that fact a secret?

It seems a sound theory that most pedophiles are never found out, that most of them never abuse anyone (or are never caught).

I think in the USA libido-repressors ARE used or even chemical castration but that would actually stop those who are probably the least dangerous - those who are unlucky enough to find themselves drawn to children. The worst offenders seem to enjoy the abuse in its own right as well as - or maybe even instead of - the sex aspect. Similar to how rape is historically used as an act of dominance.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    far too reasonable, heat the pokers lads!
    You keep your poker to yourself, pervert!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I suspect it's more common than we'd like to think - it's not something one would admit, even to ones nearest and dearest.

I think that's how paedophile rings happen - it must be a huge relief to find someone who shares your behaviour, and that normalises it.

As for whether people are born like it, I guess that's a possibility. Then the comparison to homosexuality is inevitably drawn. But homosexuality is between consenting adults, and therefore, whether or not you consider it to be deviant or unnatural, it isn't harming anyone. If one's natural tendencies cause harm to another, then one has to curb them. If self control is a problem, then seeking medical help is an option.

Drug addicts often get offered a rehabilitation programme as an alternative or addition to a prison sentence. They can also be given medication that stops drugs having any pleasant effects if they take them. Perhaps similar could be offered to paedophiles - chemical castration to prevent the urge to offend.
    far too reasonable, heat the pokers lads!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I suspect it's more common than we'd like to think - it's not something one would admit, even to ones nearest and dearest.

I think that's how paedophile rings happen - it must be a huge relief to find someone who shares your behaviour, and that normalises it.

As for whether people are born like it, I guess that's a possibility. Then the comparison to homosexuality is inevitably drawn. But homosexuality is between consenting adults, and therefore, whether or not you consider it to be deviant or unnatural, it isn't harming anyone. If one's natural tendencies cause harm to another, then one has to curb them. If self control is a problem, then seeking medical help is an option.

Drug addicts often get offered a rehabilitation programme as an alternative or addition to a prison sentence. They can also be given medication that stops drugs having any pleasant effects if they take them. Perhaps similar could be offered to paedophiles - chemical castration to prevent the urge to offend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X