• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should Dale Farm protester get a payout?"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Hmm, that's not actually what I expected. I thought they would have moved back in tbh.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Or cheaper to pay up rather than go to court, win, then not be able to recover legal fees?

I am strongly in favour of protesting. And very much against police violence. But if people protest they really should own up. And I despise the culture that tells you to call a lawyer before an ambulance.

I think there is a place for ambulance chasing lawyers but one simple change is needed. They should be liable for the court costs if their client loses

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    so basically the same, they won.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Slightly off topic but I would love to see what the situation there is now. I have an idea but interesting to see.

Then
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.59...Z5tAD7DhxQ!2e0

Now https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.59.../data=!3m1!1e3

"I f**kin' hate pikeys!"
    Last edited by CloudWalker; 3 July 2014, 15:08.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    The voice of UKIP. Why don't you crawl back into the 1950's?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
    Bunch of tax dodging scum! ...oh wait a minute.
    Excuse me? Most of us are just scum.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    To be fair if they had just paid them 15k each to bugger off it would have been cheaper and quicker than what they ended up doing.
    I would have preferred if they had turned up with an MOT tester, taxman & benefits officer. The TC's would have left in hours.

Maybe I'm a cynic but I suspect little tax was paid for those shiny new cars & caravans.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Slightly off topic but I would love to see what the situation there is now. I have an idea but interesting to see.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    To be fair if they had just paid them 15k each to bugger off it would have been cheaper and quicker than what they ended up doing.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    had she not been formally asked to disperse?

Did they charge & prosecute her? If not why not?

I'll try that in the bank next time, whilst waving my hand in a bag so it looks like a gun I'll wrap a scarf round my face because I'm cold.

Yes probably the Police were a little rough, however most of the people went there for a ruck, the original occupants were there illegally and made the locals lives hell.

sorry the pikeys travelling community have a contingent that are a pain in the butt and should be policed heavily so they behave.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Or cheaper to pay up rather than go to court, win, then not be able to recover legal fees?

I am strongly in favour of protesting. And very much against police violence. But if people protest they really should own up. And I despise the culture that tells you to call a lawyer before an ambulance.
    Where is the criminal investigation into the police violence?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Fair enough. So I guess they thought they'd lose.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I think £15,000 should be deducted from the settlement to help pay for the policing effort. Also for the fact that she's a pikey bitch

I still would though. Would Mitch?
    The voice of UKIP. Why don't you crawl back into the 1950's?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Did not go to court. It said Essex Police did not admit liability but had settled the claim, agreeing to pay Ms Yianni £15,000.
    Fair enough. So I guess they thought they'd lose.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Sounds like she and the police had their day in court and she won.
    Did not go to court. It said Essex Police did not admit liability but had settled the claim, agreeing to pay Ms Yianni £15,000.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Brillo, if you're gonna selectively snip out sentences from an article, you may as well just point us to the daily mail version.
    Or I could just have told you how much her house was worth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X