• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Universal Credit worth it?"

Collapse

• andydd68
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    If you have more than £6K in any bank account forget claiming. Also, if you have a mortgage, own a car or any other assets making your net worth more than £6K then they will expect you to only claim when you go under £6K I believe.
    What rubbish..

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    If you have more than £6K in any bank account forget claiming. Also, if you have a mortgage, own a car or any other assets making your net worth more than £6K then they will expect you to only claim when you go under £6K I believe.
    Its £16K. ANd I doubt very much they take you car into consideration

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    why?
    Last edited by uk contractor; 3 September 2020, 14:33.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    I work on a personal policy of if I need it and an eligible then claim it but if someone is eligible and wants to put the time in I have no problem with them claiming on the grounds they have probably paid for it in tax.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Isn't this a duplicate of the thread in accounting?

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    You’ll probably get 80% or 100% of rent and 90£ pw. Heard that they are easy with it as well, some kind of universal income but not quite so.
    It’s not a lot of money but if you believe push will come to shove... go for it.
    The central banks are too busy bailing out the financial system, they are printing excessive ammounts and getting everyone at the top ultra rich.
    I don’t think you should feel quilty either.
    Pay what debts you have outstanding, taxes etc to have a clear picture. Car finance. And if you question it will come for it apply.
    It’s 4w/6w waiting I think so you should anticipate.

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Yes apply

You will get £0

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    why?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Yes apply

You will get £0

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    How many dependants do you have, do you rent or own ?

no dependents. renting on my own...

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    My contract ended in end of July and taken some time off, but now fearful of how long its goinmg to take to find a BA contract. My contract company business account has £25K after paying up all recent VAT and corp tax. I'm thinking of stopping my 9K year salary and claiming Universal Credit to protect the business bank balance whilst navigating my way through the worst recession in UK history.

Has anyone else done this? Is it worth doing?
    How many dependants do you have, do you rent or own ?

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    started a topic Universal Credit worth it?

Universal Credit worth it?

My contract ended in end of July and taken some time off, but now fearful of how long its goinmg to take to find a BA contract. My contract company business account has £25K after paying up all recent VAT and corp tax. I'm thinking of stopping my 9K year salary and claiming Universal Credit to protect the business bank balance whilst navigating my way through the worst recession in UK history.

Has anyone else done this? Is it worth doing?

Working...
X