• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accountants charging for furlough services"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Accountants always take the p@ss if they can.....
    You're such an idiot.
    Years ago when IR35 first came in. I switched accountants - explained I needed someone who knew IR35. He went away - then a week later sent me an invoice for £500 for "time spent learning about new government legislation"

That was the end of him.....

Buggered if I'd pay £100 EXTRA a month for this service as the OP suggests. Surely if you're furloughed you've got time to do yourself anyway?
    Actually maybe they just take the piss when they have to deal with morons?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Accountants always take the p@ss if they can.....

Years ago when IR35 first came in. I switched accountants - explained I needed someone who knew IR35. He went away - then a week later sent me an invoice for £500 for "time spent learning about new government legislation"

That was the end of him.....

Buggered if I'd pay £100 EXTRA a month for this service as the OP suggests. Surely if you're furloughed you've got time to do yourself anyway?

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Who is your accountant?
    The guy with the Ferrari, presumably.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    We all will as tax payers... for the rest of our lives probably
    And our kids lives...

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by Quicksand View Post

God knows who is going to pay it all back tho.......
    We all will as tax payers... for the rest of our lives probably

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    Technically you were not furloughed then.....
    "Managing payroll and PAYE" is part of Director's statutory duties? According to this page it is ... not sure how reliable that source is ... Duties and responsibilities of limited company directors and secretaries

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Sounds like an SJD trick this.
    SJD are offering the service to us and have not said there is a fee.

Leave a comment:

• Quicksand
    replied
    Originally posted by andydd68 View Post
    Just did a claim on the HMRc portal, it took maybe 3 minutes, how an accountant has the nerve to charge for this..yes I guess there are some calculations of Payroll but again this is very simple...especially easy if you are paying £719 and thus no Ni and no PAYE.
    Did the same... for once it appears the gov has set up a system them at works...

God knows who is going to pay it all back tho.......

Dont pay an accountant to do it!

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    I had the luxury of working with most of the accounting firms as suppliers before I chose who I would use.

There are plenty of good ones out there, why stick with a bad one?

Leave a comment:

• andydd68
    replied
    Originally posted by katdan View Post
    My accountant is also a money sucker. She wants to charge me for filing the claim on HMRC's CJRS portal! I didn't ask her how much she will charge me as I went ahead to file it by myself.

She also handed me a bill of £235 + VAT recently on a 20 minute call I had with her back in Nov! I didn't even aware that I have to pay her just to clarify a few things on my accounts!
    Just did a claim on the HMRc portal, it took maybe 3 minutes, how an accountant has the nerve to charge for this..yes I guess there are some calculations of Payroll but again this is very simple...especially easy if you are paying £719 and thus no Ni and no PAYE.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamed View Post
    Unless they "accidentally" paid it into their own account.

I managed to get mine paid out a few days ago. It really makes a difference not relying on the accountants to do it. I am with dynamo btw.
    There is some irony there is there not?

Leave a comment:

• jamed
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    I didn't get an end of the month payment, so I'm guessing that while Nixon Williams are doing it for free, they're not doing it 'on time', or perhaps, at all...

Business as usual
    Unless they "accidentally" paid it into their own account.

I managed to get mine paid out a few days ago. It really makes a difference not relying on the accountants to do it. I am with dynamo btw.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    I didn't get an end of the month payment, so I'm guessing that while Nixon Williams are doing it for free, they're not doing it 'on time', or perhaps, at all...

Business as usual
    Last edited by PerfectStorm; 1 May 2020, 07:46.

Leave a comment:

• katdan
    replied
    My accountant is also a money sucker. She wants to charge me for filing the claim on HMRC's CJRS portal! I didn't ask her how much she will charge me as I went ahead to file it by myself.

She also handed me a bill of £235 + VAT recently on a 20 minute call I had with her back in Nov! I didn't even aware that I have to pay her just to clarify a few things on my accounts!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Sounds like an SJD trick this.

Leave a comment:

• Lix
    replied
    I'm with Dolan Accountancy and they didn't charge me anything extra, definitely seems like you're getting screwed over, especially since they're charging you such a significant amount..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X