• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ipse - webinar 2nd April"

Collapse

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Replay here

YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Thats an older one. This is the 2nd April one:

Webinar: Coronavirus Support - What Can You Get

Also, link directly to the LTD company directors section

Lastly, because I'm so kind, the juicy bit about alternatives to propping up dividends.
    IPSE are basically saying they've "not given up on LTD company contractors", they're in active discussion with the Treasury.
    Calls out possible mechanisms they're looking at, such as a break in corporation tax, or an increase on the directors personal tax allowance.
    They (IPSE) are also looking at if it makes sense to 'inject' cash into the company (rather than directors earnings).
    Last edited by CheeseSlice; 5 April 2020, 10:34.

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Which you have the opportunity to reduce via your SA (but will pay interest on if you're wrong) or will get the advance payments back (and I think can gain interest on) if HMRC are wrong.
    The principle is the same no matter the mechanics 'profits not yet realised'.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Why would I waste my time - I'm going for the adage of be careful what you wish for as it may come true - HMRC will allow the creation of FLC's force one person bands to use them and then tax them to the hilt.
    Fear and loathing in one sentence. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    Yet they don't have a problem demanding tax for profits not yet realised either, end of January and balancing payment end July.
    Which you have the opportunity to reduce via your SA (but will pay interest on if you're wrong) or will get the advance payments back (and I think can gain interest on) if HMRC are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    PSCs aren't "excluded". Government handouts for profits not realised and associated dividends are excluded.

Yeah, for listed companies too.

That IPSE is still pushing for that is stupid. It was stupid that they asked in the first place. They know it isn't going to happen and I suspect they also realise that they shouldn't have asked because it looks like they want to distinguish between our businesses and other, "proper", businesses. Yeah, great idea.
    Yet they don't have a problem demanding tax for profits not yet realised either, end of January and balancing payment end July.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by toastermoster View Post
    Yep, just relaying / summarising what they said.

Sure they would be happy for you to register for the next call, and you can give them your views direct.
    Why would I waste my time - I'm going for the adage of be careful what you wish for as it may come true - HMRC will allow the creation of FLC's force one person bands to use them and then tax them to the hilt.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by toastermoster View Post

Sure they would be happy for you to register for the next call, and you can give them your views direct.
    Oh, I listened. And Seethed.

Leave a comment:

• toastermoster
    replied
    PSCs aren't "excluded". Government handouts for profits not realised and associated dividends are excluded.

That IPSE is still pushing for that is stupid. It was stupid that they asked in the first place. They know it isn't going to happen and I suspect they also realise that they shouldn't have asked because it looks like they want to distinguish between our businesses and other, "proper", businesses. Yeah, great idea.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

But IPSE is the home of the FLC and by pushing for PSCs to be treated differently it actually justifies the existence of that rather stupid idea.
    Last edited by eek; 3 April 2020, 14:32.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• toastermoster
    replied
    Yes, I was on the call, think they said there was about 500 people on it.

Personally, thought it was useful. Probably been noted elsewhere, but IPSE advised they were consulted by the gov on what measures should be put it - they gave their opinion and specifically said PSC's should be included in the support. And obviously they disagreed with that part.

They did make many comments that they disagreed with the PSC exclusion and were lobbying the treasury, and they were having many direct talks with them. They did go into quite a bit of detail on what their views were - I can't recall of it so might be worth people fast forwarding the recording to that part if they wanted.

Banged on a lot about how the opposed IR35 as well - and how they need to frame their lobbying so not to weaken their argument on this. But again, this has been discussed on threads already.

Proposal from them was to run a Webinar every week with updates (not just on this area but all that is going on).

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    I was about to say that someone should answer this.
    I don't really think there is any need

Leave a comment:

• HoofHearted
    replied
    Maybe you should

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Did anyone attend?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Did anyone attend?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X