• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "COVID-19 Help recently self-employed"

Collapse

• DodgyAccountant
    replied
    Originally posted by Timea View Post
    Hi

I`ve been self-employed since the end of June 2019.

I was wondering if anyone knew how can I get the gov financial support based on my PAYE or any other option.

Thank you
    You could try Universal Credit (UC).

Universal Credit: How to claim - GOV.UK

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    My understanding is that you cannot, unfortunately. It's possible they will revise the scheme to address this loophole whereby you need at least one SATR, but I doubt it, because it was an explicit part of the scheme (it doesn't seem to have been overlooked). I suppose the reason they've done this is to prevent fraud/abuse whereby anyone claims to be newly self-employed and requests the maximum amount, but it does leave some legitimate sole traders like you (I assume, in my answer) without much direct help.
    Am I missing something here but you can't claim on the scheme yet anyway so in a weeks time you do your SATR quick and get it in so you will have one year filed before the scheme opens and Bobs your uncle?

EDIT : Oh. Needs to be 18/19. OK scratch that.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    My understanding is that you cannot, unfortunately. It's possible they will revise the scheme to address this loophole whereby you need at least one SATR, but I doubt it, because it was an explicit part of the scheme (it doesn't seem to have been overlooked). I suppose the reason they've done this is to prevent fraud/abuse whereby anyone claims to be newly self-employed and requests the maximum amount, but it does leave some legitimate sole traders like you (I assume, in my answer) without much direct help.
    I think this was addressed fairly head-on in the relevant briefing. He basically said "I'm sorry we can't help everyone". You DO qualify for CBI for what good that might do you.
    It definitely sucks but the administrative load to figure HOW to help people like you is perhaps just too big for them to handle.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Timea View Post
    yes, I did apply for self-employed status and I have a UTR number. It is fair that they don't want any fraudulence to happen, it just seems a bit unfair to me being in this situation when they didn't think about people like me, as they always say 5%-10% of a big amount of people is still a lot of people. I`ve always been paying lots of tax
    Agree, it is unfair. I assume they were just looking for something they could police and one SATR was the best they could come up with. I don’t think they were trying to exclude people like you so much as not being able to distinguish between people like you and those without legitimate claims.

Leave a comment:

• Timea
    replied
    My understanding is that you cannot, unfortunately. It's possible they will revise the scheme to address this loophole whereby you need at least one SATR, but I doubt it because it was an explicit part of the scheme (it doesn't seem to have been overlooked). I suppose the reason they've done this is to prevent fraud/abuse whereby anyone claims to be newly self-employed and requests the maximum amount, but it does leave some legitimate sole traders like you (I assume, in my answer) without much direct help.
    yes, I did apply for self-employed status and I have a UTR number. It is fair that they don't want any fraudulence to happen, it just seems a bit unfair to me being in this situation when they didn't think about people like me, as they always say 5%-10% of a big amount of people is still a lot of people. I`ve always been paying lots of tax

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Please take a look at the threads in the Coronavirus Assistance forum (I've moved your post to there).

A particular thread may be of help https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...es-thread.html

and here https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...xperience.html

Leave a comment:

• Timea
    started a topic COVID-19 Help recently self-employed

COVID-19 Help recently self-employed

Hi

I`ve been self-employed since the end of June 2019. Unfortunately, because of the current lockdown, I`m not able to work. The gov promised to pay 80% based on at least 1-year assessment records, which I don't have yet. I was employed before starting my self-employment and paid tax through PAYE. I`ve tried to call HMRC but obviously their lines are super busy now.
    I was wondering if anyone knew how can I get the gov financial support based on my PAYE or any other option.

Thank you

Working...
X