• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Contract work

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract work"

Collapse

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by goldenstarnice View Post
    I am new to the contract world, i am wondering when we have contact signed will it be between the client and us or agency and us. How it works, how can we can find out before we start sending to cv to client.

It looks agency takes most of the money and trying to negotiate with us. Use our situation to go as low as they can.
    Yep, obviously! "Use our situation to go as low as they can"

What should you do about it?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Sorry I didn't realise you guys are from Agency. I thought for contractors only. I understand the commission is important as long as it is reasonable.
    Good point, well made.

Leave a comment:

• DigitalUser
    replied
    Sorry I didn't realise you guys are from Agency. I thought for contractors only. I understand the commission is important as long as it is reasonable.
    What defines reasonable, in your humble opinion? And what blind assumption are you making to assume I'm from an agency?

I am a contractor. You are not.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Let me google that for you

Leave a comment:

• goldenstarnice
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DigitalUser
    replied
    Dont you think I am a quick learner.
    I'll bite.

Read the guides, and then come back with sensible questions (if you have any). The reason people have lost patience with you is because you're asking questions which have very obvious answers. In the case of the agency and their margin - they are also a business. Therefore, they are also generally in the business of making money.

Leave a comment:

• goldenstarnice
    replied
    Is this way you welcome new members. Please be kind no one knows everything.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Not quick enough.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Joke is joke for everyone. dont take serious man.
    I conclude that you must be as no one can be this naive/thick so

Leave a comment:

• goldenstarnice
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    What do you mean sockie tbf.

I wondered how long it would be before you asked that.

Leave a comment:

• goldenstarnice
    replied
    Joke is joke for everyone. dont take serious man.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Lol sockie can be identified by sockie only.
    Is that what babelfish gave you on "It takes one to know one"?

Leave a comment:

• goldenstarnice
    replied
    Lol sockie can be identified by sockie only.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    What do you mean sockie tbf.
    Yep definitely a sockie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X