• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Security Watchdog Screening Bureau"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by naijamanuk View Post
    One of the mandatory fields in the form is Salary...
    Its a permie form. Just put an appropriate value next to it (I went for 0)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    And what does your salary have to do with your previous rates? Remember the point I made about you mixing up company business and personal business?

Leave a comment:

• naijamanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    From what you posted they haven't asked for it.

Leave a comment:

• naijamanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Took them ages as I didn't have an accountant to vouch for me, in the end just asked a mate to pretend to be a copper, they rang him and it was sorted
    Really! I thought they were more professional than that.
    Why did they need your accountant anyway?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    What DaveB said. It took them about 1/2 day to do mine but I ensured I was available to resolve any issues they had to come up with agreeable solutions. Others took longer

Took them ages as I didn't have an accountant to vouch for me, in the end just asked a mate to pretend to be a copper, they rang him and it was sorted

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Of course i know that but my question is why do they need this information? I could tell them anything, how will they verify it?
    From what you posted they haven't asked for it.

Leave a comment:

• naijamanuk
    replied
    +1. A basic fail distinguishing the difference between the amount the company bills and what you are personally paid. Totally different things.
    Of course i know that but my question is why do they need this information? I could tell them anything, how will they verify it?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    +1. A basic fail distinguishing the difference between the amount the company bills and what you are personally paid. Totally different things.
    +2 I would say something else but this is the professional forums.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Surely you weren't paying your entire rate to yourself as salary? I'd think they are asking about your salary, not the amount your company invoices for.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Been filling in the company forms online and the buggers are actually asking for my NI number and past salary... whats that all about?
    I am definitely not going to tell them my past rates. they can eff off.
    Surely you weren't paying your entire rate to yourself as salary? I'd think they are asking about your salary, not the amount your company invoices for.

Leave a comment:

• naijamanuk
    replied
    Been filling in the company forms online and the buggers are actually asking for my NI number and past salary... whats that all about?
    I am definitely not going to tell them my past rates. they can eff off.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    From what the agency told me they are quite thorough and check references for the last ten years. Problem is i have lost all contact details of the agency or colleagues i worked with during a short contract in 2004.
    From what I understand thats normal for finance gigs. It's just that the client has outsourced the checking to these guys rather than do it themselves.

Can you check your bank statements for the period and get the agency name from them, and then get contact details that way? Give the checking company the generic contact details for the agency and let them sort it out from there, or try and contact the agency yourself and ask them to dig up the records.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Thanks
    How far back did they check your references? My role is with a Financial services client and the agency said they would want refs going back ten years.
    8 years but to be honest that wasn't difficult in my case

Leave a comment:

• naijamanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    What DaveB said. It took them about 1/2 day to do mine but I ensured I was available to resolve any issues they had to come up with agreeable solutions. Others took longer
    Thanks
    How far back did they check your references? My role is with a Financial services client and the agency said they would want refs going back ten years.

Leave a comment:

• naijamanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    It's not a vetting service. They are just reselling the basic pre-employment checks that anyone can get done for themselves. It's a service for employers who can't be bothered to do the checks themselves or who want to offload the risk of getting it wrong to a third party.

None of what they offer is special in anyway.
    From what the agency told me they are quite thorough and check references for the last ten years. Problem is i have lost all contact details of the agency or colleagues i worked with during a short contract in 2004.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X