• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Timesheets and getting paid"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Not helped by the fact mind that the guy who oks the timesheets is in a completely different country as well!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Can you not take the timesheet to the signer and get them to sign it there and then while you stand there?
    I would do but hes in different country completely. And its done electronically anyway. Like I said, I sent to agency, they sent to client, they send back.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    its a little annoying that client takes a while to sign timesheet
    Can you not take the timesheet to the signer and get them to sign it there and then while you stand there?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Safe Collections View Post
    Er say what? The agency want you to do their credit control for them? That's a new one on us!

They will probably still sit on your payment even if you do mention it Glad it all got sorted in the end
    Yeh. They're phrasing it as - well we can't pay you because client hasn't signed timesheet so it'd help if you hassled them as well.

To be honest, its a little annoying that client takes a while to sign timesheet, but I've had it so good that I'm not going to kick off at client after a week. Pretty sure payment terms with agency are 30 days and, in the past, I've usually got paid after 1-2 weeks.

Interested to see what happens if we go past 30 days and agency still won't pay me because client hasn't signed. After all, I don't have a SIGNED timesheet yet so I'm assuming I can't play hardball with agency?

Agreed this is a strange way to do things but in the past its worked well. I guess agency not happy with this new guys attitude to signing timesheets!

Leave a comment:

• Safe Collections
    replied
    But agency phoned me this am to ask me to put pressure on the guy to sort it out this month. Its only the 8th today so only 7 days since invoice and they want me to start hassling this fella...
    Er say what? The agency want you to do their credit control for them? That's a new one on us!

Sorry fellas - do it yourself? Im not going to arsey with the client after 7 days just so you can get paid.
    They will probably still sit on your payment even if you do mention it Glad it all got sorted in the end

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Well it got paid last month after.

Found out that the clients process has changed and this one particular guy now has to sign off. In the past he's the one who's been supposed to sort out extensions but never does until the last minute. Before someone else must have signed off because there was never a problem but not pleased to hear its him now.

He signs off on some of the permies expenses and they wait months which winds them up! Hes well known within the client for being slow at sorting things out.

But agency phoned me this am to ask me to put pressure on the guy to sort it out this month. Its only the 8th today so only 7 days since invoice and they want me to start hassling this fella...

Sorry fellas - do it yourself? Im not going to arsey with the client after 7 days just so you can get paid.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Ok guys. Don;t pick on me or you'll make me cry!!! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Ok guys. Don;t pick on me or you'll make me cry!!! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    That'll be a No...
    LOL. What do you mean no.. He started the bleedin thread.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Have you read the sticky?
    That'll be a No...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Not opted out but I'm wondering if it makes any difference for me since I'm not in possession of a signed timesheet at any point?
    Have you read the sticky?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Presume you are 'opted out' then ? This is one of the reasons why I always look to stay 'opted in' so that agency has to pay regardless if client co has or not.
    Not opted out but I'm wondering if it makes any difference for me since I'm not in possession of a signed timesheet at any point?

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    To be fair, never normally a problem. Timesheets submitted directly to agency who then get them authorised by the client and then pay within about 14 days of invoice which is dead good.

However, recently, client appears to have been slower and slower authorising timesheets and agency won't pay until they do. Mildly irritating.

Not a big problem at the moment, but just in case, where do I stand? In effect, I don't have an authorised signed timesheet from the client so I can't tell the agency tough luck pay up fellas, can I?

I guess I'm not the first. Very earlt days yet but how long after client can't be arsed to sign off despite friendly reminders do you start playing hardball with them? BTW - I know its the client they've admitted it. At first, I thought it was agency delay bulltulip.
    Presume you are 'opted out' then ? This is one of the reasons why I always look to stay 'opted in' so that agency has to pay regardless if client co has or not.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Not helped by the fact mind that the guy who oks the timesheets is in a completely different country as well!

Leave a comment:

• Safe Collections
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why don't you actually talk to the client and find out if they are having problems?

It could be that they have changed their process in submitting timesheets, the person doing it is away and someone else is, etc.

Alternatively it could be the agency playing up.
    +1

Regarding not having a timesheet if it all goes a bit pear shaped, as long as the client will confirm the hours worked the agency will struggle to deny the claim.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X