• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheets and getting paid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheets and getting paid

To be fair, never normally a problem. Timesheets submitted directly to agency who then get them authorised by the client and then pay within about 14 days of invoice which is dead good.

However, recently, client appears to have been slower and slower authorising timesheets and agency won't pay until they do. Mildly irritating.

Not a big problem at the moment, but just in case, where do I stand? In effect, I don't have an authorised signed timesheet from the client so I can't tell the agency tough luck pay up fellas, can I?

I guess I'm not the first. Very earlt days yet but how long after client can't be arsed to sign off despite friendly reminders do you start playing hardball with them? BTW - I know its the client they've admitted it. At first, I thought it was agency delay bulltulip.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

That process seems odd to me. I present the client with a timesheet and then submit this to the agent (cc'ing the client in) and then invoice the agent so the onus is on me to get the timesheet signed by the client.

If you're experiencing unreasonable delays then ask your boss if there's anything that can be done from your side to speed up the process. The agent isn't on site and won't be pushing the client to sign off on your timesheet as much as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      To be fair, never normally a problem. Timesheets submitted directly to agency who then get them authorised by the client and then pay within about 14 days of invoice which is dead good.

However, recently, client appears to have been slower and slower authorising timesheets and agency won't pay until they do. Mildly irritating.
      Personally, I've always presented my timesheets to the client to approve and stood there making small talk while they signed them, only then do I submit them to the agency...

Approach the client and ask if there is some problem which is causing them to delay your payment or if it's the agency pulling your chain.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

What a weird arrangement!

I've always given client a timesheet for signing then invoice the agent either direct or via self billing. I've never had the agent submit TS's on my behalf. Are they acting as a MSC?
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Why don't you actually talk to the client and find out if they are having problems?

It could be that they have changed their process in submitting timesheets, the person doing it is away and someone else is, etc.

Alternatively it could be the agency playing up.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Why don't you actually talk to the client and find out if they are having problems?

It could be that they have changed their process in submitting timesheets, the person doing it is away and someone else is, etc.

Alternatively it could be the agency playing up.
            +1

Regarding not having a timesheet if it all goes a bit pear shaped, as long as the client will confirm the hours worked the agency will struggle to deny the claim.
            The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Not helped by the fact mind that the guy who oks the timesheets is in a completely different country as well!

Comment

Not a big problem at the moment, but just in case, where do I stand? In effect, I don't have an authorised signed timesheet from the client so I can't tell the agency tough luck pay up fellas, can I?

I guess I'm not the first. Very earlt days yet but how long after client can't be arsed to sign off despite friendly reminders do you start playing hardball with them? BTW - I know its the client they've admitted it. At first, I thought it was agency delay bulltulip.
                Presume you are 'opted out' then ? This is one of the reasons why I always look to stay 'opted in' so that agency has to pay regardless if client co has or not.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  Presume you are 'opted out' then ? This is one of the reasons why I always look to stay 'opted in' so that agency has to pay regardless if client co has or not.
                  Not opted out but I'm wondering if it makes any difference for me since I'm not in possession of a signed timesheet at any point?

Comment

Not opted out but I'm wondering if it makes any difference for me since I'm not in possession of a signed timesheet at any point?
                    Have you read the sticky?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X