• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "2 contracts at same time?"

Collapse

• CapitaIdea
    replied
    No problem with 2+ contracts at the same time.

malvolio sums it nicely. Make sure you're delivering. You're paid to do the job(s).

Leave a comment:

• greyanatomy
    replied
    Thanks for the advice guys, will now only be a short overlap, so should be ok

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Just out of interest are both your clients are in the same industry?

If you are talking about balancing your time between two banks I would argue you mention it to your clients or even check your contracts. Some will say not their business, others would say it would be professional to understand the conflicts of interest and be honest about them.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    None of their business I reckon.

Could be a problem if they both want you to be on site at the same time though....

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Ok... from what I can gather, the current client doesn't know about your new contract. Why not just tell the client that you have been offered a new contract and that you are wondering if by mutual consent if you can be released early? In this scenario, you are only really pissing off the agent. You may burn bridges with the client, but that is the risk you have to take. Here's an idea (which has been suggested already), why not offer your services out of hours and bill accordingly? Also, why not agree to do a speedy and detailed handover?

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I have a 5 day per week contract, and am also doing 1 day per week on my previous contract for 3 months, which I do for 1.5 to 2 hours per day on the train. Works quite nicely but it's a bit of a shock to the system starting work before 7:00 a.m. every morning.

Leave a comment:

• greyanatomy
    replied
    I would effectively be working for both of them at the same time (would invoice accordingly though!)

I dont want to burn any bridges with current client as it has been a great programme and I'm well regarded, so don't want to jeopardise that.

However, dont want to miss out on a good opportunity with big programme of work for the sake of a week.

Thanks for your comments, and your right, ultimately this is my business and I chose how I conduct it, but I dont want to jeopardise references later on as I am in a senior role for this client, and the world gets ever smaller

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Depends on the circumstances. If client A wants you to work Mon/Tue, client B Tues/Weds then there should be no reason for them to know. If the dates clash then I don't think it a problem to advise them you are working for client B at this time can they make a different day.

If you client A is aying you for 5 days and client B for 2 days then keep you mouth shut

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The whole idea of being a business is you can run the contracts as you see fit. You could bill both of them fo a full week if you could get away with it.

Start to think like a business rather than a permie.
    WHS.

What's the worst that can happen if the current client finds out?

Leave a comment:

• greyanatomy
    replied
    Did both clients know about it? Not sure if I should / have to, tell them or not?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Been there, done that, for a while I had quite a nice day rate. Even now I have a big and a little gig, running in parallel.

Just be certain you are doing the full job for both parties.
    Last edited by malvolio; 12 October 2011, 14:52. Reason: Leran to splel cehck!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    The whole idea of being a business is you can run the contracts as you see fit. You could bill both of them fo a full week if you could get away with it.

Start to think like a business rather than a permie.

Leave a comment:

• greyanatomy
    replied
    Thanks Sockpuppet, do you know if I legally have to inform both parties?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Yes you can do this.

Leave a comment:

• greyanatomy
    started a topic 2 contracts at same time?

2 contracts at same time?

Hi guys,

New to posting, been lurking for a long time, how sad!

Anyway, i would really appreciate your advice.

I have a very good relationship with my current client, but work for me is running out. I have found a new role, but the new client is adamant I start one week earlier than my current client is awilling to release me.
    My question is, does anyone know any reasons why I COULDNT work for both clients for the final week, assuming I bill appropriately? My new client would know the situation, my current client would not.
    Opinions would be much appreciated thanks.

Working...
X