• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permanent to Contracting"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by adminmaster View Post
    okie thank you very much for the replies , then i will search for new contracting job then. ...
    Why? If you work as a contractor for your current employer, at a higher take rate than as an employee (Say at 8x£40 = £320 a day, instead of the £230 BlasterBates calculate), you've benefitted rather nicely, even with IR35.

Can you get £320 a day from another client?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    £230 a day to get the same take home inside IR35

A conversion is given here:

IR35 Tax Calculator - IR35 Tax Calculators, Contracting News, Guides and Solutions for UK Contractors

You need though to add a bit for expenses and so on, but that gives you a rough guide. If you have travelling expenses I would say then you definitely need the 300+ but commutable from home then say £250-300. The main big expense is travelling expenses.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 April 2011, 11:12.

Leave a comment:

• adminmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    1. As a rule of thumb your Hourly rate x 1000 = equivalent permie salary, so £40ph = £40,000 pa.

2. No you won't take care of IR35 by using a Ltd Co. Going from Permie on Friday to Contractor on Monday doing the same job for the same company is exactly the situation IR35 was intended to deal with and you *WILL* be caught if you do this.
    okie thank you very much for the replies , then i will search for new contracting job then.
    Thank you once again for saving me.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Thank you for reply stek ,

1. pls can you let me know how did u conculde that i need to ask £40ph ? just curious to know.
    2. I will be doing it as ltd company. I will take care of IR35.
    1. As a rule of thumb your Hourly rate x 1000 = equivalent permie salary, so £40ph = £40,000 pa.

2. No you won't take care of IR35 by using a Ltd Co. Going from Permie on Friday to Contractor on Monday doing the same job for the same company is exactly the situation IR35 was intended to deal with and you *WILL* be caught if you do this.

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    [QUOTE=adminmaster;132086
    2. I will be doing it as ltd company. I will take care of IR35.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of how you operate, you are within IR35. Your situation is exactly what it was designed to catch. If you wish to contract outside ir35, then get a contract with a new client.

If you are accepting that you will be within ir35 and paying full PAYE, then I may have misunderstood your response.

Leave a comment:

• adminmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    £40/hr or £300/day but bear in mind if you are going to be contracting at the same company doing the same job you'll be caught by IR35 for certain.
    Thank you for reply stek ,

1. pls can you let me know how did u conculde that i need to ask £40ph ? just curious to know.
    2. I will be doing it as ltd company. I will take care of IR35.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    hello all ,
    I am working in company as permanent employee for a company . However as i wanted to resign and look for contracting jobs I am succesfull in negotiating with present company however they are asking me how much do i need as payed as contractor (in lines of my salary). I am getting 40k per annum as permanent employee.

My question is how should i ask them as day rate for contracting. Pls guide.
    £40/hr or £300/day but bear in mind if you are going to be contracting at the same company doing the same job you'll be caught by IR35 for certain.

Leave a comment:

• adminmaster
    started a topic Permanent to Contracting

Permanent to Contracting

hello all ,
    I am working in company as permanent employee for a company . However as i wanted to resign and look for contracting jobs I am succesfull in negotiating with present company however they are asking me how much do i need as payed as contractor (in lines of my salary). I am getting 40k per annum as permanent employee.

My question is how should i ask them as day rate for contracting. Pls guide.

Working...
X