• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Permie

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permie"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Unless it's a contract where you will be liable to pay back the cost if you leave early.
    Hmm very good point!

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    Turned down; didn't want to relocate at the rate/salary offered (decided I'd lose money)

Back to the bench...
    Welcome home, brother.

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah WHS.. get in, rape the training budget
    Unless it's a contract where you will be liable to pay back the cost if you leave early.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Don't forget to take sickies, two or three days mid-week is good as you can get good deals with the airlines. Permie near my desk had just done it. I guessed by the increase in skin colour and then I showed him the post-it note where he wrote down the flight times!

What an idiot!

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Turned down; didn't want to relocate at the rate/salary offered (decided I'd lose money)

Back to the bench...

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Don't forget to take sickies, two or three days mid-week is good as you can get good deals with the airlines. Permie near my desk had just done it. I guessed by the increase in skin colour and then I showed him the post-it note where he wrote down the flight times!
    Typical bloody permie!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yeah WHS.. get in, rape the training budget and CBT's. Gen up and join the market as an uptodate qualified professional and reap the rewards then.

Show some eagerness to take on new work/areas but make very sure it fits nicely in to the contracting market.

Some big companies are big in to this make your own future edict. If you got that level of flexibilty use it.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Depending on what other options you have at the moment, I would probably take it.

Get the most out of the situation that you can - training, new skills etc. and then when the time is right, get back into contracting (if you still want to by then, of course!).

I'm almost at the point of considering any reasonable offers for my skillset...

(Oh, and congratulations - any offer is good news at the moment)

Leave a comment:

• Soled73
    replied
    Originally posted by SeekingIT View Post
    Take position, they'll probably want probation period, if they don't liike you, they'll give the boot.....But works both ways, if you get offered contract during probation.......tell them Hasta La Vista.....

congrats on employment......even though permy...

I agree with this, congrats your in control now

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Are you skint ?
    Not yet...

Not convinced the cash and effort is worth it; although I might regret that decision further down the line

I used to be indecisive...

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    If you do accept then please leave your CUK username at the door.

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    try it, you might like it. If you don't you might have learnt something from the experience.

Leave a comment:

• SeekingIT
    replied
    Take it!!!

Take position, they'll probably want probation period, if they don't liike you, they'll give the boot.....But works both ways, if you get offered contract during probation.......tell them Hasta La Vista.....

congrats on employment......even though permy...

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    So, been out of contract for three months, got offered a permie interview (thought it'd be good practice) been offered a permie role....now what?
    Are you skint ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X