• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomed - 6 Months with rolling 6 monthly extensions"

Collapse

• Scotchpie
    replied
    Originally posted by slockyer View Post
    WOW impressive that you get another gig at such short notice - was it an advertised one or did you come by it through an agency?
    Same agency for my present contract Venn Group. When they heard this contract wasn't going to be extended they already had this in line.

Can't complain about loosing this contract. I came here for 3 months 14 months ago. It's only because they're short of money that it hasn't been extended for a fifth time.

@Centurian - Great News!!!

Leave a comment:

• vlc
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Should hopefully see me through the worst of the recession...

But then I was thinking that last year...
    Remember our colleagues in Japan...they've been waiting eighteen years for their recession to go away. Ours has barely even started and it's much, much bigger in scale.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
    Just found out yesterday that my current contract as a data miner and analyst is finishing in two weeks due to the client's dire financial position. No ifs, no buts, all contractors are out.
    Just had my contract extended through to January

Should hopefully see me through the worst of the recession...

But then I was thinking that last year...

Leave a comment:

• slockyer
    replied
    WOW impressive that you get another gig at such short notice - was it an advertised one or did you come by it through an agency?

Brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• dozer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I don't care how much a business spends on software implementations. All decisions are based on the figures in the spreadsheet they see.

oh, and congrats BTW
    untrue, all major business decisions are based from power point slides sadly.

congrats btw.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    <embarrassed hand goes up at the back>

I'm going through an Excel phase at the moment...
    I don't care how much a business spends on software implementations. All decisions are based on the figures in the spreadsheet they see.

oh, and congrats BTW

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    How about some screenshots of my spreadsheets. Sexy or what!!!
    <embarrassed hand goes up at the back>

I'm going through an Excel phase at the moment...

Leave a comment:

• Scotchpie
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Don't forget to send us a link to the photos...
    How about some screenshots of my spreadsheets. Sexy or what!!!

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    It's also a more interesting position involving ... modeling which I enjoy.
    Don't forget to send us a link to the photos...

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Green Shoots

Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Boomed - 6 Months with rolling 6 monthly extensions

Just found out yesterday that my current contract as a data miner and analyst is finishing in two weeks due to the client's dire financial position. No ifs, no buts, all contractors are out.

Two hours later signed up to a 6 month contract with a new client, a higher hourly rate, a lower commute, and with the possibility of rolling 6 month extensions.

It's also a more interesting position involving business analysis and modeling which I enjoy.

Last edited by Scotchpie; 16 May 2009, 10:23.

Working...
X