• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - 6 Months with rolling 6 monthly extensions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed - 6 Months with rolling 6 monthly extensions

Just found out yesterday that my current contract as a data miner and analyst is finishing in two weeks due to the client's dire financial position. No ifs, no buts, all contractors are out.

Two hours later signed up to a 6 month contract with a new client, a higher hourly rate, a lower commute, and with the possibility of rolling 6 month extensions.

It's also a more interesting position involving business analysis and modeling which I enjoy.

Last edited by Scotchpie; 16 May 2009, 10:23.

Green Shoots

Well done!
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
      It's also a more interesting position involving ... modeling which I enjoy.
      Don't forget to send us a link to the photos...
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Don't forget to send us a link to the photos...
        How about some screenshots of my spreadsheets. Sexy or what!!!

Comment

How about some screenshots of my spreadsheets. Sexy or what!!!
          <embarrassed hand goes up at the back>

I'm going through an Excel phase at the moment...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            <embarrassed hand goes up at the back>

I'm going through an Excel phase at the moment...
            I don't care how much a business spends on software implementations. All decisions are based on the figures in the spreadsheet they see.

oh, and congrats BTW

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              I don't care how much a business spends on software implementations. All decisions are based on the figures in the spreadsheet they see.

oh, and congrats BTW
              untrue, all major business decisions are based from power point slides sadly.

congrats btw.

Comment

WOW impressive that you get another gig at such short notice - was it an advertised one or did you come by it through an agency?

Brilliant!

Comment

Just found out yesterday that my current contract as a data miner and analyst is finishing in two weeks due to the client's dire financial position. No ifs, no buts, all contractors are out.
                  Just had my contract extended through to January

Should hopefully see me through the worst of the recession...

But then I was thinking that last year...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                    Should hopefully see me through the worst of the recession...

But then I was thinking that last year...
                    Remember our colleagues in Japan...they've been waiting eighteen years for their recession to go away. Ours has barely even started and it's much, much bigger in scale.

Comment

Working...
                    X