• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can we have a "black listed" agent list..???"

Collapse

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by rpgpgmr1 View Post
    Years ago ( about 10 ) there was a website that you could rate Agents on . However it had to be shut down as once it became popular a few agents objected & threatened legal action , plus results became skewed by bogus input .
    So good idea but hugely difficult to actually put into place with any reasonable level of usefullness.
    There goes my pimporgimp.com plan b.

Leave a comment:

• Hevra
    replied
    Not that I would suggest any of you lovely people are like this, but there is a certain person posting on these boards who has a somewhat rose tinted view of his own communication skills, who would probably put my lot on the blacklist for taking umbrage at receiving EMAILS ALL IN CAPITALS THAT LOOK LIKE THEY'RE WRITTEN BY AN ANGRY BASEMENT DWELLING TEENAGER, blaming us for his timesheet not being authorised by the client.

H

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    can we call it www.recruitmentcuntsultants.com ?

Leave a comment:

• rpgpgmr1
    replied
    Years ago ( about 10 ) there was a website that you could rate Agents on . However it had to be shut down as once it became popular a few agents objected & threatened legal action , plus results became skewed by bogus input .
    So good idea but hugely difficult to actually put into place with any reasonable level of usefullness.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    I left a client in 2000; after I left agency X took over all the contracts. In the process they shafted everyone (except me as I had just left) including the team I had recruited. I was furious and felt I would NEVER use them myself.

My last short gig was with that same agency X. It was a good gig and made me £40,000.

I bear grudges in my personal life, but contracting is business. Provided the agency is not breaking the law, it appears I have a price and will do business with them.

Should I have sat on the bench instead? If so, how do I explain that to Her Ladyship?

Tricky, innit?

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Community/group agency blacklists are pointless because baring a few exceptions (S3) the problems are normally down to the individual agent and they come and go and move around the agencies.

And even then it can be very situational. You can have an agent place two contractors at same client and have him screw around one of them so much that he would quite happily place a price on the agents head if he thought he could get away with it, while he treats another so well the guy will consider him the best agent he ever had

You best bet is always to never trust any agent and to check places like this board when you are dealing with a new agency to discover if they have known "tricks" that you need to be careful of

Leave a comment:

• BrollyBonce
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Based on our bitter experience can we have a "black listed" agent list..???
    Agent <> agency.

Many to many relationship between agent & agency.

Agents move between agencies.

Agents get bought out by bigger agencies, e.g. S3.

It is safe to assume every agent at every agency deserves to be on your list of persons of colour.

If you avoid using those agents or agencies on your African Americans list, you won;t get any work through agencies.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    No. Even though I know of agents I would personally avoid, I don’t think blacklists are a good idea. They encourage a tit-for-tat battle whereby each side keeps its own blacklist filled primarily with people they suspect of putting them on the other side’s blacklist. It would be an invitation to agents to blacklist any contractors that they’ve ever had a disagreement with. Business conflicts are between the parties involved; each has their own side of the story and if things are really bad they can sort it out with each other through their solicitors, but not by publically badmouthing each other or threatening to damage each other’s business by setting up blacklists.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    What is needed is a board or group with membership only by invitation, only for trusted people, and no agents allowed.

These do exist. No, I can't post details on here.
    The phrase Chocolate Teapot springs to mind..........

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    What is needed is a board or group with membership only by invitation, only for trusted people, and no agents allowed.

Trust is a tricky thing to come by.

Leave a comment:

• uky kozak
    replied
    I would not worry to much and please dont ask for extra information on this but the rumour is that the whole agent/contractor relationship is gonna turn around wherby the contractor who is employed by clientco will be able to choose which agency to represent him/her so agents who read this i suggest you start to look after your contractors...

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    http://www.hirescores.com/affinity-home.php

But you have to register. Gives a sanitised overview of a fair few.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm not sure about legal action. They'd have to demonstrate their reputation was tarnished. Everyone knows that they're hovering somewhere between Estate Agents and pondslime, so it could be difficult.

Anyway, there'd be so many on the list it would be unwieldy. A white list would be better.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    It would last about 2 mins before all the agencies started logging in with sockpuppents to slag each other off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X