• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 1 day contract

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "1 day contract"

Collapse

• Badger
    replied
    Done that and all ready for a nice signature pmeswani

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'll save myself the paperwork and just invoice.
    Just as a suggestion.. draw up a timesheet under your own company, fill in the details of the work done for the day. Get the client to sign 2 copies (1 for you and another for him). That way when you send him an invoice, he cannot dispute that you did any work for them, unless you plan to draw up a contract that is.... or trust that he will pay you.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Down Zeity's neck of the woods, were you?
    Nope, that looks a bit too far to go for dinner for me.
    Am sure it is every bit as good as the Ritz near green park tube station though

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Went the other night and wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be. You'd be better off invoicing the day I hope for your sake.
    Down Zeity's neck of the woods, were you?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    One day? Forget the invoice and get them to buy your family dinner at the Ritz.
    Went the other night and wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be. You'd be better off invoicing the day I hope for your sake.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    One day? Forget the invoice and get them to buy your family dinner at the Ritz.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Thanks for the replies. I'll save myself the paperwork and just invoice.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    I agree with just invoicing for the day - it is an old Client and you have another contract - this should keep you within IR35 as you are working for 'multiple' customers
    outside, surely?

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    I agree with just invoicing for the day - it is an old Client and you have another contract - this should keep you outside IR35 as you are working for 'multiple' customers
    Last edited by zara_backdog; 24 July 2008, 12:46. Reason: corrected by NotAllThere - sorry

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Invoice for the work will do. You wouldn't write up a contract for a sparkie to come and put in a new socket would you.

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    Yep PO is the best way to go.

If they can't do that then at least get some email confirming the details.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    You can't be deemed employed if your contract lasts one day. I know there's no theoretical lower limit, but it just wouldn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    The belt and braces approach would be to get the client to produce a purchase order. Something along the lines of the email that you already have just knocked up in a proforma to look a bit more formal would do the job.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Those were my thoughts too, I've an email accepting the day and the rate agreed. Just being cautious.
    I doubt even Hector would start getting heavy over the tax difference on a one day contract - it's hardly going to fix the budget deficit

Then again, given the insanity of so much else our beloved HMRC get up to...

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Those were my thoughts too, I've an email accepting the day and the rate agreed. Just being cautious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X