• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Users removing 'consultant' title on LinkedIn profile"

Collapse

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    I have (Contractor)

Doubtless someone on here will say that by listing them as your employer, you're insidee IR35. And instead you should use the door-opening clout of your one person LTD company to secure future roles.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I've always found the term 'consultant' a load of rubbish and believe clients will probably think the same. You could be right, that's what your company does at a high level but the actual task you were brought in is pretty specific so that should go on linked in IMO. Most people using it are just inflating themselves. There aren't many 'true' consultants out there.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    IMO job titles come and go with the wind. Unless you have a very clearly defined role somewhere that means something (usually comes with post nominals) then I see no reason not to bring your job title up to date with current fashion.

Just don't lie

I suspect, for most BoS contractors, their lie is in calling themselves a consultant...

Leave a comment:

• Users removing 'consultant' title on LinkedIn profile

I've always added 'Consultant' on my LinkedIn profile to show my capacity with the end client.

Lately, I've seen a few of my LI connections remove that 'consultant' or 'contractor' tag - I'm wondering if its to do with potential move to permie post-April.

Anyone else change their contractor/consultant tag on LinkedIn or seen it happen?

Don't think it would make any difference but would like to hear what you all think, keep, remove or leave as-is?

Working...
X