• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Proving you lived at an address from 5 years ago?"

Collapse

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by oilboil View Post
    I so remember the ice-rink and the inebriated office workers (me included) - happy days!
    The Japanese restaurant always ****ed me up with the Sake. Then off to the rink. Good days.

Leave a comment:

• oilboil
    replied
    Originally posted by barely_pointless View Post
    Just did 5 years history back in July for a gig i'm currently in, it's normal in regulated financial industries.

Had 5 years on a SC clearance complete with history in 2 different countries for a well known Gov Dept in 2016.

But wait there's more (shows you a set of steak knives) , in 99 in the city, pre dot.boom a 10 year , yes , you read that right a 10 year check on me old good self for a gig at an IB at the place in broad gate circle where they banned the ice rink because everyone was getting pissed on gluvine at lunchtime and coming back pissed with broken bits .........

It's only going to get worse, so ahem, keep records......... its useful.
    I so remember the ice-rink and the inebriated office workers (me included) - happy days!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    That's a bit harsh calling northernlad out like that.
    Unless every word is factually correct of course.....

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    He's definitely not a late 50s balding failed IT contractor.
    That's a bit harsh calling northernlad out like that.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Like definitely not or he's not until he gets banned because he was.?

He's definitely not a late 50s balding failed IT contractor.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No he's not.
    Like definitely not or he's not until he gets banned because he was.?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    No he's not.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Rearden Metal
    Anagram: mental dreare

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Rearden Metal, Bona Fide...
    #fog

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Rearden Metal, Bona Fide...

Leave a comment:

• CynicalBroccoli
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Do you have access to a credit report; maybe a free one like Credit Karma?

It will list your known and associated addresses.
    This could be a good one, I just need to check they'll accept it. I sent off what I have, so it's in the lap of the gods now. I'll see what they come back with.
    Last edited by CynicalBroccoli; 9 October 2020, 13:47.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
    It's truely ludicrous, isnt it? I told one agency to shove a role with a bank once because they prevaricated over a passport picture. They said it was a jpeg not 'scanned'! Other agents insisting on a 'wet' signature on some contract documentation despite accepted a pdf'd type signature. Someone who hops on a dinghy to cross the Channel and land on a beach in broad daylight doesnt have to jump through as many hoops.

On a different tack, I fear for SWMBO when Im gone. Despite my pleadings, she wont change her paper driver's license for a photo one. She has no credit cards in her own name, partly because she wont get the said photo DL! As she has no cc's in her own name and photo id, she cannot be verified to use the Gov Gateway easily since she has no credit record!
    She's probably got a massive stash of cash and is slowly poisoning you.

Leave a comment:

• TheDogsNads
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    Yes, got something similar.

I applied for a role in government and after interview and offer stage they asked for 5 years of addresses. Since in those 5 years I spent more than 6 continuous months in Canada, they asked for a Canadian criminal record check. To get it I would have had to file a paper application to the royal canadian mounted police with attached fingerprints as well.

In my area there were only like 1-2 companies that could take paper fingerprints that were allowed to do so (I went to the police asking if they could do it but they said sod off, we can't do it but go to these companies).

I don't remember the exact number but the overall cost was something around 3-400 pounds, asked the company if they were going to pay for it and that pretty much ended the conversation.
    It's truely ludicrous, isnt it? I told one agency to shove a role with a bank once because they prevaricated over a passport picture. They said it was a jpeg not 'scanned'! Other agents insisting on a 'wet' signature on some contract documentation despite accepted a pdf'd type signature. Someone who hops on a dinghy to cross the Channel and land on a beach in broad daylight doesnt have to jump through as many hoops.

On a different tack, I fear for SWMBO when Im gone. Despite my pleadings, she wont change her paper driver's license for a photo one. She has no credit cards in her own name, partly because she wont get the said photo DL! As she has no cc's in her own name and photo id, she cannot be verified to use the Gov Gateway easily since she has no credit record!

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Originally posted by CynicalBroccoli View Post

On one hand I'm a bit stressed out by this, but on the other I can't help but chuckle. Has anyone here ever had something fall through because you couldn't prove some requirement like this?
    Yes, got something similar.

I applied for a role in government and after interview and offer stage they asked for 5 years of addresses. Since in those 5 years I spent more than 6 continuous months in Canada, they asked for a Canadian criminal record check. To get it I would have had to file a paper application to the royal canadian mounted police with attached fingerprints as well.

In my area there were only like 1-2 companies that could take paper fingerprints that were allowed to do so (I went to the police asking if they could do it but they said sod off, we can't do it but go to these companies).

I don't remember the exact number but the overall cost was something around 3-400 pounds, asked the company if they were going to pay for it and that pretty much ended the conversation.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Do you have access to a credit report; maybe a free one like Credit Karma?

It will list your known and associated addresses.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X