• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cognizant in Switzerland - anyone tried"

Collapse

• cloudninja
    replied
    with a barge pole touch this not

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    It's the nightmare combination - working with one of the dreaded giant Indian IT services companies and the wallet busting expense of staying in Switzerland.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I have friends who have contracted through them. Rate paid to friend was abysmal, rate charged to client over double. Lied thru their teeth to friend that they only added a "small percentage". Found out true rates when an email was mistakenly sent. Treated him very poorly, and treated him not very nicely. He is of the same heritage as the abovementioned company.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Just to add. I live in Switzerland, and that's where I worked with them.

Leave a comment:

• JPC
    replied
    Cognizant utterly repugnant company never ever again. They will stiff you on rates so much as they compare all rates to what they would pay you in india.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by shabak View Post
    What was the worst?
    Just two things. Everything they said and everything they did. Incompetent and lazy from start to finish.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    What was the worst?
    The bit between the start and the end.

Leave a comment:

• shabak
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've worked with them. Utterly awful.
    What was the worst?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I've worked with them. Utterly awful.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Cognizant
    Didn't bother reading anything past that.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    You all are so cryptic and mysterious. Does it mean weird work culture, problems with paying money etc? I can pass it - I may have other options and can wait couple of weeks for them so just curious ...
    They will put your cv in front of client, client will think great, client signs off budget, you start, 2 weeks later you are asked to train your Indian replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• shabak
    replied
    You all are so cryptic and mysterious. Does it mean weird work culture, problems with paying money etc? I can pass it - I may have other options and can wait couple of weeks for them so just curious ...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Because it doesn’t get any better than your initial experience.

Leave a comment:

• shabak
    replied
    Guys but why? What is the reason? Can you elaborate?

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Run run run run, away...
    Qu'est-ce que c'est

Psycho Killer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X