• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can you diversify a ltd company or do you need to do the same thing?"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Preloved?
    Well tested...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Twat

That article is about selling services. I wasn't providing any services with said dildos, other than delivery via royal mail. This was on a strictly 'product only' basis.
    Preloved?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I'll just leave this here....

You Are What You Sell

Twat

That article is about selling services. I wasn't providing any services with said dildos, other than delivery via royal mail. This was on a strictly 'product only' basis.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I'll just leave this here....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    True story........back in 1999-2003, my contracting LTD also sold dildos online.
    You Are What You Sell

They don't just judge the salesperson as a human being or as a seller. They judge the salesperson as the living embodiment of the product.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    True story........back in 1999-2003, my contracting LTD also sold dildos online.

It did make for a properly hilarious moment during a VAT inspection, but no other issues with this diversification.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Manic View Post
    You can do what you like trading wise (within the law of course). The issue is where you operate flat rate VAT and diversify into a sector which has a higher flat rate applied. IT Consulting has one of the highest flat rates applied and contracting would normally fall into the limited cost business rules so unlikely to be an issue.

Obviously if on standard VAT scheme, not a consideration.
    And you may need to change the SIC on CoHo to reflect the range of business activities if you don't have something generic enough selected.

Leave a comment:

• Manic
    replied
    You can do what you like trading wise (within the law of course). The issue is where you operate flat rate VAT and diversify into a sector which has a higher flat rate applied. IT Consulting has one of the highest flat rates applied and contracting would normally fall into the limited cost business rules so unlikely to be an issue.

Obviously if on standard VAT scheme, not a consideration.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    Mercedes have been building ventilators.

They would have delivered them a day earlier but they were waiting to get their new Limited Company setup.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Mercedes have been building ventilators.

They would have delivered them a day earlier but they were waiting to get their new Limited Company setup.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Just have a think.... are there any companies you can name that have more than one line of business????

Your answer is there...

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I don't think being a peeping Tom is the same trade as IT consultant so probably need a new company.

Leave a comment:

• Can you diversify a ltd company or do you need to do the same thing?

Hi,

I have a limited uk company that I use to provide IT services (contracting).

I am thinking about investing in some equipment and installing it at peoples homes, can I do this through my existing company or do I need to start a new one?

Thanks!

Working...
X