• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accommodation advice please!"

Collapse

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    I have a one bedroom unfurnished flat on the 3rd floor, which I intend to furnish.
    The problem is that there is not a separate entrance so I would need to rent it to someone I could trust.
    It would be suitable for a contractor working Monday to Fridays in Brussels. Maybe I should advertise via the agents that I know.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    Registered a handle just to post this???

Not quite. I think Kelly was hoping to be able to PM and advertise her insurance company.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    Well it is an answer to the OP's original question before the thread moved on to other things.

And the hotel doesn't look that bad. It's not my choice of hotel but it doesn't look bad.

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Originally posted by KellyW View Post
    Hôtel de Neuville - Arc de Triomphe. Clean hotel, friendly stuff, good location. Near public transit. Good place for shopping, lots of restaurants & bars nearby.

Leave a comment:

• KellyW
    replied
    Hôtel de Neuville - Arc de Triomphe. Clean hotel, friendly stuff, good location. Near public transit. Good place for shopping, lots of restaurants & bars nearby.

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
    It’s always worth having a chat with hotel management if you’re planning on being somewhere for a while. They’ll usually come up with a deal, especially if 2/3 of you ask together.
    They sometimes do, but if you have a regular pattern it's way cheaper just to book several weeks in advance

Leave a comment:

• Amanensia
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Since that thread is 10 years old, I’ve moved the latest posts here and dropped the others.
    It’s always worth having a chat with hotel management if you’re planning on being somewhere for a while. They’ll usually come up with a deal, especially if 2/3 of you ask together.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Why not point people to this:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...otel-tips.html

Rather than have two stickies on the same topic?
    Since that thread is 10 years old, I’ve moved the latest posts here and dropped the others.

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    Definitely this! I made about 240 quid in six months booking my travel through Quidco.
    Generally (not always) Topcashback has better deals and they pay a lot faster then Quidco

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Fiddles! I use Quidco and Hotels.com to get cashback (paid to my personal quidco account) and also every 10 nights I stay away I get a free night, which again I use when I am away personally paid for by the company
    Last year when the Hilton's summer points deals was on, I was earning a night's stay approximately every 7 nights and every 5th night on a stay using points is free so it took me 84 nights to earn a 15 night holiday.

Also Hilton will give 25% off the room rate if you find it cheaper elsewhere. Priceline and Agoda are very good for such deals.
    Last edited by eek; 13 January 2020, 14:14.

Leave a comment:

• KinooOrKinog
    replied
    Fiddles! I use Quidco and Hotels.com to get cashback (paid to my personal quidco account) and also every 10 nights I stay away I get a free night, which again I use when I am away personally paid for by the company
    Definitely this! I made about 240 quid in six months booking my travel through Quidco.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I’ll move it to Business/Contracts then sticky it.
    Why not point people to this:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...otel-tips.html

Rather than have two stickies on the same topic?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Hotels.com is great if you're not particularly loyal to one hotel chain. Otherwise, get yourself a Platinum Amex and you get instant status at about half a dozen chains without the need to earn it. Of course you still need to have an account with said chains and book direct in order to get the perks. If a third party agent gets you better price than booking direct then chasing status isn't worth it.

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    I usually stay away for 3 nights per week and prefer the hotel chains IHG, Marriott, Hilton and Accor
    You get loyalty points for fee nights and you get VAT receipts
    Book through topcashback or quidco you get an additional %-age cashback usually between 8 and 15%
    Don't book through websites such as hotels.com as it won't count towards your loyalty points and status

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Originally posted by MancHost View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if you could help point me in the right direction of best place to go for accommodation while contracting.

Is there a company or website (other than Airbnb or similar)?

Thanks In Advance
    I used these guys:

http://www.wedotherest.com/

Who had an account with:

Aparthotels & Serviced Apartments | Roomzzz Aparthotels

If you know you are staying for a while you might as well go direct with Roomzzz. Although pricy, I found this was the cheapest option for a serviced apartment. You could go for private share but the tricky part is are they VAT registered and length of contract.

With Roomzzz I could claim the VAT back and leave with no notice period.

This only works if you are outside IR35 obviously.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X