• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Free Agent - Open banking"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Just had an email today from FreeAgent support that their 3rd party provider, Yodlee, are now no longer supporting my bank feed with the Coop.

Had this issue since June and am getting no help so seriously considering changing everything now. Accountant recommendations that use a software package like FreeAgent but isn't FreeAgent but can still do bank feeds with the Coop?

Is Quickbooks any good?

qh
    Why not swap to an business account that has open banking support?

If your iPhone doesn't work with the ball and twine you are using, why replace the modern tech and keep the legacy kit?

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Just had an email today from FreeAgent support that their 3rd party provider, Yodlee, are now no longer supporting my bank feed with the Coop.

Had this issue since June and am getting no help so seriously considering changing everything now. Accountant recommendations that use a software package like FreeAgent but isn't FreeAgent but can still do bank feeds with the Coop?

Is Quickbooks any good?

qh
    You'll probably find most online accounting providers moving away from Yodlee in favour of open banking feeds - I have a suspicion they may be forced to. I know Yodlee are reputable but let's face it, their "hand over your login details and we'll screen scrape" approach has always been a bit dodgy.

I'd second the advice above - if your bank has dropped the ball in rolling out open banking feeds, switch to one that has or supports direct integration using the FreeAgent API (like Starling).

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Maybe just dump the Coop, eh?
    Nice idea, never considered that.

qh

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied

Is Quickbooks any good?

qh
    Maybe just dump the Coop, eh?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied

Is Quickbooks any good?

qh

Leave a comment:

• l35kee
    replied
    Just moved over to Starling. Great bank.

Leave a comment:

• DSF70
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I use HSBC and the switch over to Open Banking took less than 5 minutes. It has been working seemless since I switched over a week ago.
    The only issue I have is that the HSBC OB feed (at circa 08:00 give or take 30mins) is based on yesterday’s end of day balance position. Of course that makes sense, but I previously uploaded “this morning’s” transactions at circa 08:30 each morning’s and then they were reconciled that day.

With the OB feed I have to wait a day.

It’s no big deal, just reminds me of a big issue we had when I worked at a bank and we moved their banking transactions feed from batch to real-time and the mess it caused in reverse!

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Ok, so I have spoken to a very helpful chap called "Calum" at Santander who will issue me with new, updated authentication details for my account. He explained that the existing details are correct for on-line banking, but that a new set would be required for this new, third-party, integration.

So there we go...
    New security details. Account now linked. A small victory as we crash toward the end of another week on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Unsurprisingly the Coop are not participating in the Open Banking scheme.

So I have to put up with the dickheads from Yodlee and FreeAgent support (who just keep blaming Yodlee) as to why my Bank Feed isn't working (since f**king June!)

/rant over

qh

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    Managed to connect my Santander current account but savings accounts don’t seem to be supported

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    I haven't been able to get past the authentication stage of setting up an open banking link to Santander. Very frustrating.
    Ok, so I have spoken to a very helpful chap called "Calum" at Santander who will issue me with new, updated authentication details for my account. He explained that the existing details are correct for online banking, but that a new set would be required for this new, third-party, integration.

So there we go...

Leave a comment:

• kryten22uk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The big banks will have it sorted, my NatWest was switched at a click of a button (handy as FreeAgent and NatWest are both owned by RBS)
    Do we actually need to switch over to OB if only have NatWest feeds? I thought it was only a Yodlee issue and NatWest don't use Yodlee. I don't want to fix what ain't broke.
    Last edited by kryten22uk; 12 September 2019, 16:29. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• MrButton
    replied
    Originally posted by gnarledcontractor View Post
    If for any reason the feeds are withdrawn by Yodlee before we are able to offer support for the feeds via open banking then you will need to upload transactions like this - Upload bank transactions

Exactly... so it becomes a manual process.
    But:

“this should be once Metro bank support feeds via their own banking platform for Open Banking.”

Appreciate that your talking about Cater Allen but it sound like they’re not just going to bin the old connections just yet.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
    Do you only have current account with Santander or do you have savings as well ? I'm having issues getting my savings account to connect via open banking feed. I go through the registration process and I can only see an option for my business current account.

Though when I login via Santander's website, I can see both my current and savings using the same login credentials.

Didn't have this issue with Yoddle.
    Both but must admit I dont use the savings account so never checked it. I will have a look later.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    I haven't been able to get past the authentication stage of setting up an open banking link to Santander. Very frustrating.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X