• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Consultancies - Friend or Foe?"

Collapse

• Contractor101101
    replied
    Originally posted by simes View Post
    I can help here.

Seven to eight months ago, I too became tiresomely over burdened by his omni-present, all knowing, gobby, yap. A moderator showed me how to pop him on my Ignore list and since then my days have been splendidly free of His Gobbiness.

Click on to his name, go into View Profile, and within that, Add to Ignore list.

So long as you're signed in, your days can be bright of sun, and clear of horizon.
    To be fair, he does have a point. You give terrible, misleading advice.

No-one is perfect and we all make mistakes but you actively mislead less experienced contractors. Most posters try to avoid doing that.

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
    To be fair, he comments on every single topic in the forum. Most of his comments are useless noise. Having a filter would be useful. We should also ask his accountant, how he finds time to manage his "business". Also, probably his clients. But to be fair, it is probably the same quality as his posts, most likely copy paste.
    I can help here.

Seven to eight months ago, I too became tiresomely over burdened by his omni-present, all knowing, gobby, yap. A moderator showed me how to pop him on my Ignore list and since then my days have been splendidly free of His Gobbiness.

Click on to his name, go into View Profile, and within that, Add to Ignore list.

So long as you're signed in, your days can be bright of sun, and clear of horizon.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by DunkirkPie View Post
    I get it, you arrogant, condescending prick, I just don't agree with it.
    While most people probably agree with your opinion, I'd suggest avoiding Anglo Saxon in the professional forums.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    you been upsetting folk again, then NLUK ??
    Moi? [emoji56]

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    To be fair, he comments on every single topic in the forum. Most of his comments are useless noise. Having a filter would be useful. We should also ask his accountant, how he finds time to manage his "business". Also, probably his clients. But to be fair, it is probably the same quality as his posts, most likely copy paste.
    you been upsetting folk again, then NLUK ??

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    This could be a very long thread
    NLYUK says you don't have one of those.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    and 'humourless'
    This could be a very long thread

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    You forgot 'northern'....
    and 'humourless'

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You forgot 'northern'....
    Last edited by northernladuk; 12 October 2018, 19:25.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    There isn't a filter but there is an ignore option so you don't see my posts.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Ooh! Matron!

Leave a comment:

• DunkirkPie
    replied
    If you can't get this you shouldn't be in business.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I don't think it's the same at all. The client is saying "We don't have the skills to do this, can you help us with it?" The consultancy is telling the client "Yes we can!" when in fact they can't.

My point is that simply drafting in a third party, and passing off their skills and work as your own, does not qualify as "consultancy" in my book.
    So a small part of what they do conflicts with yours. Their engagement model and agreements will be completely different. They will be under a managed service contract initially but then will sweep up anything they can do once they've got a foot in. One of these will be the odd bit of body shopping where they can. It's what they do. It's not their mainstream of work but it's certainly lucrative for them.

Yes they can, they organise a flexible resource to do the work. How they get this bod in front of a client doesn't matter, they still fulfil the clients needs. If you can't get this you shouldn't be in business.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    I don't think it's the same at all. The client is saying "We don't have the skills to do this, can you help us with it?" The consultancy is telling the client "Yes we can!" when in fact they can't.

My point is that simply drafting in a third party, and passing off their skills and work as your own, does not qualify as "consultancy" in my book.
    Correct. It's called business.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X