• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thinking of taking a ridiculously low local contact...How to get best out of it..??"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Ah, I've worked it out.

This "low contract" is with Vodafone.
    Comes with 1GB of data and is only £16 a month.
    Free WiFi on the car park.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Thinking of taking a ridiculously low local contact...How to get best out of ...

Ah, I've worked it out.

This "low contract" is with Vodafone.
    Comes with 1GB of data and is only £16 a month.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Would back up my experience, was a good place to work (would not be a permie there as they are permanently doing a re-org), the rate was crap (I managed to get in Leeds what they were offering in Newbury) if it wasn't local I wouldn't have taken it.
    What do you think I was basing my comment on?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    So the good end client paying a low rate is Vodafone.

Not sure I would call them a good client and they are definitely one who watch every single penny so you won't get a rate rise and as soon as the contract is over or anything changes you will be out the door.....
    Would back up my experience, was a good place to work (would not be a permie there as they are permanently doing a re-org), the rate was crap (I managed to get in Leeds what they were offering in Newbury) if it wasn't local I wouldn't have taken it.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    I think you've posted this in the wrong Darren thread. He's already been given this advice.
    easy mistake to make, considering the sheer number of them

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    correct. In this thread he denies knowledge of vodafone
    Maybe he's doing a research project on contractor parking arrangements.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    I think you've posted this in the wrong Darren thread. He's already been given this advice.
    correct. In this thread he denies knowledge of vodafone

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    LOL, yes I noticed afterwards but thought it would cause more confusion if I deleted it.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    Darren, ignore the trolls like sueellen, northernladuk and northernladyuk (the last two names especially should tell you all you need to know), why not try giving Vodaphone offices a bell and ask them?

Ive done this in the past with a couple of places and while they only gave general info, they did confirm if I could park on site or not.

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Nope ..Voda is not local to me.!
    Darren, ignore the trolls like sueellen, northernladuk and northernladyuk (the last two names especially should tell you all you need to know), why not try giving Vodaphone offices a bell and ask them?

Ive done this in the past with a couple of places and while they only gave general info, they did confirm if I could park on site or not.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    are there 2 of you?
    Has your account been hacked?

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    So the good end client paying a low rate is Vodafone.

Not sure I would call them a good client and they are definitely one who watch every single penny so you won't get a rate rise and as soon as the contract is over or anything changes you will be out the door.....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Its a bit like priests in the catholic church kiddie fiddling. Management knows its happening, its been going on for years but they cant be arsed to do anything about it.
    Does that make you the choir boy? Really, please do try to remain on topic in the professional forums.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    It appears the poster I quoted regularly trolls within the professional forums and the Admins keep letting him do this yet, they ban others for lesser infringements.
    Its a bit like priests in the catholic church kiddie fiddling. Management knows its happening, its been going on for years but they cant be arsed to do anything about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X