• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent saw all my subsequent contract applications"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Agent View Post
    I've already said above, CW Jobs gives recruiters the ability to view the number of roles that a candidate has applied for and show the job title and salary/rate of the applied jobs. It's not about having access to your data, we've got access to CW Jobs data. I can find any CV on CWJobs and can see their job application history.
    It's in the T&Cs that you can do it:

"When your profile is searchable your application activity (number of applications, job titles, locations & salaries) will be visible to CWJobs.co.uk customers. CWJobs.co.uk does not verify the names of organisations you applied to."

So the OP gave their data away and is now complaining that an agent is using that information when they look for them.

Leave a comment:

• Agent
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Think about what you're saying - the agent has access to your applications that you make in confidence.

Either they don't have access to your data, or you gave them access to your data. So if what you suggest is true, did you give them access or not?
    I've already said above, CW Jobs gives recruiters the ability to view the number of roles that a candidate has applied for and show the job title and salary/rate of the applied jobs. It's not about having access to your data, we've got access to CW Jobs data. I can find any CV on CWJobs and can see their job application history.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    I don't believe it's a bluff.. Think about what you're saying; 'mm, this contractor who I placed and I never hear a peep from, who invoices regularly and I get a great cut from his wages that pays for my 2 weeks in Bognor Regis, I think I'll call him up and trick him into admitting he's applied for a few roles whilst still being in the role I got him into. After that, I'll have that bacon sandwich I've been craving all morning'.
    Think about what you're saying - the agent has access to your applications that you make in confidence.

Either they don't have access to your data, or you gave them access to your data. So if what you suggest is true, did you give them access or not?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by SeanT View Post
    It's dodgy as hell too. Bring on GDPR.

Here's my daily spam from the same people too...
    Read that again properly.

Do you ever feel like you’re working 6 months of the year for HMRC? You’re not alone! High earning contractors often pay as much as 50% of their income away in taxation whether it is PAYE, Self Assessed tax or Corporation and Dividend tax for those working through their own Limited Company. If this sounds like you, Income Management can help you retain up to 90% of your income, after tax!

They're saying you lose money on account of all the taxes you have to pay, but they will help you retain up to 90% of what's left after taxes

That implies they'll charge you 10% of your net earnings. What could possibly be dodgy about that...?

Leave a comment:

• perplexed
    replied
    Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    I don't believe it's a bluff.. Think about what you're saying; 'mm, this contractor who I placed and I never hear a peep from, who invoices regularly and I get a great cut from his wages that pays for my 2 weeks in Bognor Regis, I think I'll call him up and trick him into admitting he's applied for a few roles whilst still being in the role I got him into. After that, I'll have that bacon sandwich I've been craving all morning'.
    More like, "mm, this contractor who I placed and I never hear a peep from, who invoices regularly and I get a great cut from his wages that pays for my 2 weeks in Bognor Regis seems to have his CV marked as available as it came up in a search I just did. If he's thinking of cutting and running, I lose that loot - I think I'll call him up and trick him into admitting he's applied for a few roles whilst still being in the role I got him into. After that, I'll have that bacon sandwich I've been craving all morning and re-advertise the role to get candidates lined up to replace him when I reveal to client he wants out".

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    +1

I can't see how an agent can get access to everything that you've applied for without hacking the account.

Either they bluffed and you fell for it, or they have access to your accounts. Or there are some scary data sharing privileges that you've given away, so might be worth checking that too!

Leave a comment:

• SeanT
    replied
    Originally posted by Agent View Post
    It's one of the features in CW Jobs, shows the candidates recent applications so you can tell if someone has applied for hundreds of jobs and can beat them down on the rate
    It's dodgy as hell too. Bring on GDPR.

Here's my daily spam from the same people too...

Do you ever feel like you’re working 6 months of the year for HMRC? You’re not alone! High earning contractors often pay as much as 50% of their income away in taxation whether it is PAYE, Self Assessed tax or Corporation and Dividend tax for those working through their own Limited Company. If this sounds like you, Income Management can help you retain up to 90% of your income, after tax!

Leave a comment:

• Agent
    replied
    It's one of the features in CW Jobs, shows the candidates recent applications so you can tell if someone has applied for hundreds of jobs and can beat them down on the rate

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    When you say 'all the applications' did she list all of them?
    Are the ones she listed, that you applied for, with the same company?
    Are you actually SURE she saw them? Or did she just say she saw them?
    If she has seen ones you applied for, via a different agency then you need to take it up with the website you applied through. Threaten them with the information commissioner.

But I doubt what you think has happened has actually happened and you need evidence so do some digging.
    +1

I can't see how an agent can get access to everything that you've applied for without hacking the account.

Either they bluffed and you fell for it, or they have access to your accounts. Or there are some scary data sharing privileges that you've given away, so might be worth checking that too!

Leave a comment:

• perplexed
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Don't be rude cats are planners - its his dog.
    Cat planning :-

Eat
    Sleep
    Clean self
    Use litter tray
    Schmooze those big creatures who think they own said cat into giving more food.

Dog plannings :-

Eat
    Sleep
    Clean... oh look pretty colours.... sound too... what was I doing again?
    Wait for owner to throw object
    Return to owner with object
    Repeat last two steps

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    WTF is that? Is your cat typing for you?
    No its YOURS!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Don't be rude cats are planners - its his dog.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    LinkedIn most likely just disable all sharing of data for now make it private as its possible to see the history otherwise.

Also I had this myself last week PSL agencies can see directly onto the client portal to see which CV's have been submitted to HR to avoid submitting yours if someone else already sent it in first could be as simple as that!

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    LinkedIn most likely just disable all sharing of data for now make it private as its possible to see the history otherwise.

Also I had this myself last week PSL agencies can see directly onto the client portal to see which CV's have been submitted to HR to avoid submitting yours if someone else already sent it in first could be as simple as that!

Leave a comment:

• l35kee
    replied
    Could I ask, how long have you been in the current contract, how long is left on the contract, and why were you applying for all these other roles while in the contract?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X