• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "'Story Writing' competition for Home Office roles..??"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Possibly:

Once upon a time there was a civil servant who felt that his salary and pension were not sufficient so came up with the idea of outsourcing large parts to various companies...blah blah blah. As a non-executive director of OutSourcing R Us after his resignation from the civil service the remuneration for...

Leave a comment:

• ImaginativeTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
    Yes. It is the procurement process used in one of the government frameworks that is meant for consultancies, not recruiters. Write a ≤ 100 word mini case study against each of the requirements - what was the situation, how did you do it, what was the outcome.
    This, I had this last year for MoJ contract - I didn't progress it because of IR35 risk.

Leave a comment:

• m0n1k3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    One agency yesterday forwarded me a list of 10+ story/event writing (like STAR) questions for a senior role at Home Office!!! Anyone aware of this type of process..? Is this from HO or the agency added it..? Agency is telling HO will see CVs only after evaluating these stories!!

Anyone seen this before..? Or better if anyone in CUK who is currently responsible for evaluating these stories in HO can explain what is expected of this process..??
    Yes. It is the procurement process used in one of the government frameworks that is meant for consultancies, not recruiters. Write a ≤ 100 word mini case study against each of the requirements - what was the situation, how did you do it, what was the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    The statement from the agent is worth as much as the paper its written on....
    And the paper in question is a 2-ply sheet of Andrex (thankfully unused...).
    Last edited by SlipTheJab; 26 May 2017, 14:58.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Are you from Wales?
    He'll respond in a bit, he's just popped out to sign on

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    IR35 status confirmed verbally..
    The statement from the agent is worth as much as the paper its written on....

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Verbally or within the advert / job description?
    IR35 status confirmed verbally..

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I am told this role is outside IR35
    Verbally or within the advert / job description?

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    I assume that you already know that the role at the Home Office will be OFF-PAYROLL-WORKER and PAYE.
    I am told this role is outside IR35

Leave a comment:

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    One agency yesterday forwarded me a list of 10+ story/event writing (like STAR) questions for a senior role at Home Office!!! Anyone aware of this type of process..? Is this from HO or the agency added it..? Agency is telling HO will see CVs only after evaluating these stories!!

Anyone seen this before..? Or better if anyone in CUK who is currently responsible for evaluating these stories in HO can explain what is expected of this process..??
    I assume that you already know that the role at the Home Office will be OFF-PAYROLL-WORKER and PAYE.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    thanks/..
    Are you from Wales?

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    "It was a dark and stormy night... and the pimp said until his flock, gather round boys I've got a story to tell..."
    thanks/..

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    "It was a dark and stormy night... and the pimp said until his flock, gather round boys I've got a story to tell..."

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    hmmm..looks like agency trick!!

Leave a comment:

• 'Story Writing' competition for Home Office roles..??

Last edited by Darren_Test; 25 May 2017, 17:17.

Working...
X