• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Discipline

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Discipline"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    At least she is outside IR35.
    Unfortunately she finds it difficult to smile about it currently, although it has clearly worked remarkably well for others

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    WTF has this got to do with anything?
    At least she is outside IR35.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    My Mrs does aesthetic treatments (i.e. botox) and some woman complained. She demanded to speak to wifes manager. Despite wife insisting she was a sole trader she still kept on.

In the end, she kept on so we gave her my name and asked for it in writing. It turned up hand written on a piece of paper ripped out from a notebook. I replied - no refund.

Got that a lot. Someone pays for botox (its not cheap) then realise they can't afford it, tries it on to get a refund a day or two later. Lots of times this happened.

OP - Get someone else to act as complaints manager and do it that way.

Seeing it has no other relevance.

Do you get yours free

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    My Mrs does aesthetic treatments (i.e. botox) and some woman complained. She demanded to speak to wifes manager. Despite wife insisting she was a sole trader she still kept on.

In the end, she kept on so we gave her my name and asked for it in writing. It turned up hand written on a piece of paper ripped out from a notebook. I replied - no refund.

Got that a lot. Someone pays for botox (its not cheap) then realise they can't afford it, tries it on to get a refund a day or two later. Lots of times this happened.

WTF has this got to do with anything?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    They can discipline away but if you don't work for them it has little impact other than they might not use you again.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by fidot View Post
    What on earth did you say in the email?
    Are you thinking there's been a terrible misunderstanding about the nature of a Personal Services Company?

Leave a comment:

• fidot
    replied
    What on earth did you say in the email?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarkus1731 View Post
    I am self employed and work for a company who have contracts with NHS trusts. I recently emailed a NHS manager about more work and stated the email as a "personal note".
    The NHS manager has complained to the company with the contract about the email. The company manager has called me to tell me about the complaint and says they will need to follow their complaints procedure which I know nothing about.
    Can they do anything about this "personal note"?
    Yes they can.

You need to find out about their complaints procedure.

Next time be more careful what you put in an email.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I am self employed and work for a company who have contracts with NHS trusts. I recently emailed a NHS manager about more work and stated the email as a "personal note".
    The NHS manager has complained to the company with the contract about the email. The company manager has called me to tell me about the complaint and says they will need to follow their complaints procedure which I know nothing about.
    Did you use your personal email address? If so, investigate whether you had a reasonable expectation of privacy and if this has been breached. Put in a subject access request under the Data Protection Act to see the full correspondence about your email. If you suffer a loss from any breach, then take it from there.* If you used your Ltd's email address or your intermediary company's email address, I would not expect you have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

* This may be terrible advice.

Leave a comment:

• perplexed
    replied
    Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
    What's a personal note? Did you email trying to get more work from your clients customer?
    Does sound like it from the initial description.

Leave a comment:

• VillageContractor
    replied
    What's a personal note? Did you email trying to get more work from your clients customer?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Set up expensive number to call to complain about your company.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You are definitely self employed. Not through a Ltd?

I would take a guess their complaint procedures is for permies so won't apply. What they can do though is a supplier review and just get rid of you. You will have a clause about unreasonable behaviour in your contract so they might pull that and walk you. I can't imagine they will be pleased to hear one of their suppliers is trying to poach work from their client.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    What does your contract say about complaints?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X