• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Discipline

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can discipline away but if you don't work for them it has little impact other than they might not use you again.

Comment

My Mrs does aesthetic treatments (i.e. botox) and some woman complained. She demanded to speak to wifes manager. Despite wife insisting she was a sole trader she still kept on.

In the end, she kept on so we gave her my name and asked for it in writing. It turned up hand written on a piece of paper ripped out from a notebook. I replied - no refund.

Got that a lot. Someone pays for botox (its not cheap) then realise they can't afford it, tries it on to get a refund a day or two later. Lots of times this happened.

OP - Get someone else to act as complaints manager and do it that way.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        My Mrs does aesthetic treatments (i.e. botox) and some woman complained. She demanded to speak to wifes manager. Despite wife insisting she was a sole trader she still kept on.

In the end, she kept on so we gave her my name and asked for it in writing. It turned up hand written on a piece of paper ripped out from a notebook. I replied - no refund.

Got that a lot. Someone pays for botox (its not cheap) then realise they can't afford it, tries it on to get a refund a day or two later. Lots of times this happened.

WTF has this got to do with anything?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Seeing it has no other relevance.

Do you get yours free
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            WTF has this got to do with anything?
            At least she is outside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              At least she is outside IR35.
              Unfortunately she finds it difficult to smile about it currently, although it has clearly worked remarkably well for others

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
              X