• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Client Honesty

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Client Honesty"

Collapse

• uk contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    What Mark hasn't told you is that the same client is a serial offender
    Many serial something or other peeps in IB nowadays time for a group as they are having a group at our expense

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    That's the one; I got stitched up by office politics despite being offered the gig
    One role I didn't get there I believe was because I had criticised the security set up.

The Indian guy "Had never heard of doing it that way."

Within 6 months they were then doing it that way

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Doh!

Yes, you are indeed correct, the one that told me I had the contract on two occasions, then nothing, short memory.
    I believe they were going to "have a go" themselves I wonder what mess they are in now
    That's the one; I got stitched up by office politics despite being offered the gig

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Hmmm, I think there's two that we have in common; the one that you're talking about and the one that a mutual friend tried to get us in to. I hadn't even thought about the one that you mentioned about finishing you early.
    Doh!

Yes, you are indeed correct, the one that told me I had the contract on two occasions, then nothing, short memory.
    I believe they were going to "have a go" themselves I wonder what mess they are in now

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    One of them isn't in IB, I was being specific around that area.
    The other we share in common .
    There was one that finished me early, but the FED were paying that bill, so was not really the clients fault?
    Hmmm, I think there's two that we have in common; the one that you're talking about and the one that a mutual friend tried to get us in to. I hadn't even thought about the one that you mentioned about finishing you early.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

Oh and MMM, there is another two clients that you've told me about that have messed you around.
    One of them isn't in IB, I was being specific around that area.
    The other we share in common .
    There was one that finished me early, but the FED were paying that bill, so was not really the clients fault?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    Plan B is buy shares in this forum & spam the comments for clickbait

Your further up the food chain which is probably why you have had less hassle in IB!...I have had nothing but hassle in IB a lot of which is because I work mainly on the Trade Floor so you get exposed to some serious tools n fools!

Oh and MMM, there is another two clients that you've told me about that have messed you around.

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    Lets hope that book is not your plan B .

I have only been messed around by one IB client in 20 years contracting.
    Agreed its not easy out there, but some seem to experience far more issues than others.
    Plan B is buy shares in this forum & spam the comments for clickbait webhits

Your further up the food chain which is probably why you have had less hassle in IB!...I have had nothing but hassle in IB a lot of which is because I work mainly on the Trade Floor so you get exposed to some serious tools n fools!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    No, I'd worked for this particular end client before. It has changed quite significantly.
    Different hiring manager?

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    By one of those nice agent types who was last seen packaging his gran into a delivery carton?
    No, I'd worked for this particular end client before. It has changed quite significantly.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    It was sold as a long term project with scope for renewals.
    No one actually takes gigs believing this do they? I mean expects it and is annoyed when it doesn't happen?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Indeedy the problem was that it was never sold as a short term resource, at least if he was given the same impression I was. It was sold as a long term project with scope for renewals.

Now I'm here they're fairly overtly trying to hire for my replacement.

I don't hate the client, but this is the first time I've considered terminating early if something better comes along.
    Maybe, but I'm sure if the agent knew he didn't GAS.
    He probably coined the commission for the perm too

Given the situation I don't blame you.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Indeedy the problem was that it was never sold as a short term resource, at least if he was given the same impression I was. It was sold as a long term project with scope for renewals.

I don't hate the client, but this is the first time I've considered terminating early if something better comes along.
    By one of those nice agent types who was last seen packaging his gran into a delivery carton?

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Hmm. That's a tough call. Loyalty?
    Perhaps I could have phrased it better, maybe professional integrity might have been better.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Pretty tight, however it is always a risk accepting such a role, especially as it is likely to be a temp fill for perm.
    Likely to be inside IR35 too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X