• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Manual Handling

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Manual Handling"

Collapse

• TheBA
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    Office Lens is the answer, free from microsoft for iOS, Android, and Windows, brilliant and uploads to Onenote, which then enables search on the scanned text, awesome.
    You're missing out, Scanbot does all that plus integrates with more storage options on the free version. The deal breaker for me over OL was the option for multiple pages

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    FrancEs
    Very true, apologies to Frances .

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    if you're going to be picky he spelt sheer wrong as well.
    The worst bit is I sort of knew at the time and did not go back to correct it

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    FrancEs
    if you're going to be picky he spelt sheer wrong as well.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Well you have just won your CUK "Blue Peter" badge.

I'm glad you found all the help so useful

Indeed, he gets extra points for the shear honesty
    FrancEs

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Next time just convert it to PDF and use Acrobat to apply your sig and send it back, no need to print and scan.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Microsoft Surface with a Surface pen allows you to sign most documents directly on the screen.
    Yup, been doing it on an iPad for a few years.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    OK, I bit the bait and read on.

I have my signature scanned as an image, which I can add to any PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC
    Microsoft Surface with a Surface pen allows you to sign most documents directly on the screen.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Frances View Post

I do want to be awkward because legally I don't think I need to complete the form in the first place and secondly I can't be bothered printing, signing and scanning the form. I know I'm being pedantic but I'd like some advice on what to do and please don't say just print, sign, scan and email the darn form!
    OK, I bit the bait and read on.

I have my signature scanned as an image, which I can add to any PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So you were invoicing for the time you took to faff around and do it? Sounds like a win / win situation.
    ...and got to learn a new skill which can go on the CV for the next contract, with associated uplift on the daily rate.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    OK OK OK I've printed, signed, scanned and emailed the blimmin thing.

I had to get over the embarrassment of working out how to scan it back in, (where to insert) while working in the IT department of a large printer/scanner manufacturer. After the whole office taking the P out of me, I've managed to do it.

You all helped me through it, I couldn't have done it without you all. I want to thank my parents, my family and most of all, God.
    So you were invoicing for the time you took to faff around and do it? Sounds like a win / win situation.

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBA View Post
    Without trying to go off track, there's Scanbot as well. Tried Camscanner but thought Scanbot worked better. I even bought the paid version, the only app I've ever bought
    Office Lens is the answer, free from microsoft for iOS, Android, and Windows, brilliant and uploads to Onenote, which then enables search on the scanned text, awesome.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    OK OK OK I've printed, signed, scanned and emailed the blimmin thing.

I had to get over the embarrassment of working out how to scan it back in, (where to insert) while working in the IT department of a large printer/scanner manufacturer. After the whole office taking the P out of me, I've managed to do it.

You all helped me through it, I couldn't have done it without you all. I want to thank my parents, my family and most of all, God.

We are all Brother's and sisters here.

Leave a comment:

• TheBA
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Camscanner?

Is that an app over and above just using the phone to take a photo?
    Not sure how many documents I've submitted where, if you look carefully, my carpet is around the edges.
    Without trying to go off track, there's Scanbot as well. Tried Camscanner but thought Scanbot worked better. I even bought the paid version, the only app I've ever bought

Leave a comment:

• FrontEnder
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Camscanner?

Not sure how many documents I've submitted where, if you look carefully, my carpet is around the edges.
    It's quite handy actually. It does a reasonably good job of detecting the document edges and cropping/skewing it so it's all straight, then save and email as a PDF.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And if you don't have a scanner, Camscanner will do the same thing on your phone.
    Camscanner?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X