• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agency Logic...Any Reasoning ?"

Collapse

• Agent
    replied
    Sorry it was me that called you, just need a couple of references, your bank details, pin code, wifes bra size and 1000 bit coins and we'll get your CV right over.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Even without references, it's a fishing trip.

If, say, you've been an ABAP programmer at Tesco, the agent will ask you more details about it. He'll then fish out his two best benched ABAP people and send their cvs to Tesco.

Rinse and repeat for ever previous client that you gave details for.

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    He may have contacted a few contractors and agreed a lower rate with someone else, i.e. a higher margin for himself, or perhaps he spoke with the client and found out they'd pulled the role.
    I always assume it to be this ^ unless the call was obviously fishing for contacts.

Even if they do get back to you some time later, you'll probably never know whether the other contractor got rejected and the agent was holding you in reserve, or if there was a more genuine delay.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    He may have contacted a few contractors and agreed a lower rate with someone else, i.e. a higher margin for himself, or perhaps he spoke with the client and found out they'd pulled the role.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    The role has gone. Accept it and move on.
    Usually, even if you have someone in mind for a role, they will still advertise it.
    Obviously you wouldn't take people as far as interview if that was the case.

Also, budget may not be signed off, or they tulip canned the thing.

Man up an move on

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    The role has gone. Accept it and move on.

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    2 pages why an agent didn't send an email. I'd say that's a scene. It's done. God knows why he didn't. Try ringing him and find out. If not, move on.
    you learn to accept that agencies mislead you and waste your time, but occasionally they seem to waste everyones time and you crack.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Appreciate you being honest. However I wouldn't say I am making a scene of it, merely the logic of the agency behaviour has got me stumped.
    2 pages why an agent didn't send an email. I'd say that's a scene. It's done. God knows why he didn't. Try ringing him and find out. If not, move on.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Normal agency behaviour. All in the pursuit of references. Move on.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Can't believe you are making such a scene of it to be honest.
    Appreciate you being honest. However I wouldn't say I am making a scene of it, merely the logic of the agency behaviour has got me stumped.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Can't believe you are making such a scene of it to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Sometimes people just screw up. Busy people forget important stuff. It just could be it's a mistake.
    If the candidate is that good match surely the agent does not forget to send on the email the moment they come off the phone ?! Again I just cannot see how this would be the case.

Originally posted by Intel View Post
    Agent initials not jw are they? Had exact same from a newbie in the last couple of weeks. Plus fake jobs on a regular basis to build contact Base.
    No the agents initials are not JW.

Leave a comment:

• Intel
    replied
    Agent initials not jw are they? Had exact same from a newbie in the last couple of weeks. Plus fake jobs on a regular basis to build contact Base.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Sometimes people just screw up. Busy people forget important stuff. It just could be it's a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    But why spend 20+mins courting me on the phone only for the subject of references to not even be raised ?

As I say it just doesn't make sense

Leave a comment:

Working...
X