• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor PM rates"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    In Telecom it's a little bit less and it's also decreasing. I think the main reason is the offer that is coming outside EU with lower salaries.
    Cheap, Working or Quick? Pick two.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by moneymoney View Post
    probably depends where you are and in the industry

in London working in finance, getting £500+ still for PM role
    In Telecom it's a little bit less and it's also decreasing. I think the main reason is the offer that is coming outside EU with lower salaries.

Leave a comment:

• Flibble
    replied
    Since we're sharing:

2 months
    93 approaches to agencies (all with relevant CV support)
    6 approaches direct to customers
    22 agency submissions (agent says they are passing my details to client)
    10 First round interviews
    5 Second round interviews
    1 joker who did 3rd, 4th and 5th round interviews
    0 offers

Rates £400 - £550

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by gixxer View Post
    You got 9 interviews on 130 leads with clientco or talks with agencies?
    5.2 months
    132 approaches to agencies (all with relevant CV support)
    16 submissions/puts (agent says they are passing my details to client)
    9 interview offers (I cancelled a £365 in Cardiff)

Compared to my average this was :

Duration 138%
    Leads 132%
    Puts 123%
    Interviews 200%
    Rates £270 - £725

These figures are distorted because the most recent month produced more puts and interviews than the total of the previous 4, so the market may well have perked up a lot.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    thanks Clearedforlanding, however that was Cirrus CV sent/interviews ratio..I am not that good. Actually I always worked directly and my approach/contract rate has been rather good, not that clever with agencies apparently.
    You will learn.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I'm a PM and in my field rates are definitely on the rise. From 500, to 550 and this week offered the chance of an interview at 700. Very few people with strong skills in my field so once an agency knows you and trusts you they will come to you for those good gigs. It might take a few 'cheaper' gigs first, but make a name for yourself and the work will be there.

I extended my current contract this week already, so had to turn down the chance at the 700 But this will keep my current agent happy as I haven't walked out on current contract. And to keep the other agent happy I gave them a lead of someone else who might be up for their gig.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    You need to up your game. Do you:

Are you selective in what you apply for?
    Call the agency agency to qualify role exists?
    Do you get them to send a jobspec?
    Do you agree a time to call them back once you have tailored your CV to jobspec?

If you are confident the role exists (no 2 references flags etc) -

Do you tailor the CV sent to to agent and immediately call them to walk them through it, emphasising any key & relevant attributes that you believe should be put in the cover letter?
    Do you ask for written confirmation that you have been submitted?

Gixxer's conversion ratio is good for the current market, but not stellar when compare to the days of old when IMI conbversion was hovering around 3:1
    thanks Clearedforlanding, however that was Cirrus CV sent/interviews ratio..I am not that good. Actually I always worked directly and my approach/contract rate has been rather good, not that clever with agencies apparently.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    You got 9 interviews on 130 leads with clientco or talks with agencies? If with clientco...wow wish had such a hit ratio.
    You need to up your game. Do you:

Are you selective in what you apply for?
    Call the agency agency to qualify role exists?
    Do you get them to send a jobspec?
    Do you agree a time to call them back once you have tailored your CV to jobspec?

If you are confident the role exists (no 2 references flags etc) -

Do you tailor the CV sent to to agent and immediately call them to walk them through it, emphasising any key & relevant attributes that you believe should be put in the cover letter?
    Do you ask for written confirmation that you have been submitted?

Gixxer's conversion ratio is good for the current market, but not stellar when compare to the days of old when IMI conbversion was hovering around 3:1

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    As my FTFY alluded to, take the 400; consider it a "First Gig Agency Shaft Tax" and then don't discuss previous/current rates with your next gig's agent. Simply aim for 500.
    Yup.

Also, I don't get this idea that 0 years experience as a contractor is a negative, you either have x years experience in your chosen field\role or you don't.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    As my FTFY alluded to, take the 400; consider it a "First Gig Agency Shaft Tax" and then don't discuss previous/current rates with your next gig's agent. Simply aim for 500.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

Curiously I subsequently reeled in a very pleasant £500 role in the City, up against 7 other people. That was however some 130 leads and 9 interviews.
    You got 9 interviews on 130 leads with clientco or talks with agencies? If with clientco...wow wish had such a hit ratio.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    mysteriously dumped when they saw me F2F.
    Is that because they won't take on people daft enough to travel to Glasgow for a rate like that?

Or possibly.....

That said looking like that you could have passed as a local.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    My last contract - Deffo!

I recently was looking for PM roles for nigh-on 6 months. Previously I was on £650 but I got increasingly price-elastic (or desparate, which ever way you look at it).

I applied for roles going down to under £365. I went all the way to Lloyds in Glasgow (£364.50) after a successful telephone interview only to be mysteriously dumped when they saw me F2F.

Curiously I subsequently reeled in a very pleasant £500 role in the City, up against 7 other people. That was however some 130 leads and 9 interviews.

I truly don't know what is going on, but I would persuade you that a lot of what appears on eg Jobserve is dross. LBG are not going to get anyone by phone calls.They have to go out looking for the down-and-outs like me.

If you keep plugging away you will get something matching your skills. It's however very tough at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Freelancer2016
    replied
    Take the 400 look for a 500 role that's the beauty of being a contractor

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    FTFY
    Lol. Very true. Good FTFY that.

Leave a comment:

Working...