• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Serco

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Serco"

Collapse

• flamel
    replied
    worked for them loads as a contractor - usually just fine and usually a good bunch to work with

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by rd409 View Post
    That would be Selco and not Serco.

Damn, pass me my coat please...

Leave a comment:

• rd409
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Aren't these the people that the adverts say all the builders go?
    That would be Selco and not Serco.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Aren't these the people that the adverts say all the builders go?

Leave a comment:

• slice16
    replied
    Im currently on a gig with Serco Europe over in Italy... so far so good! Although I haven't put in my first invoice yet... so lets hope

Leave a comment:

• Boney M
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    That actually sounds a bit of a Gucci system
    Yeah it does but pays for itself in no time at all though just on admin costs alone. Great bit of tech and the dumb terminals in tyhe cells cannot be smashed up and the wires go into the walls and out so cannot hang themselves.

There is the custody bit as well for offices and custody so people dont get let out early and no lost paperwork

Worth a look

Self-Service | Unilink
    NForce Custodial Management System
    Through the Gate Services | Unilink

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Boney M View Post
    They pay next to nothing for their permies but contracting rate was fine, was working in HMP Thameside for a bit as they use a self service system for prisoners to order their canteen, book medical, book visits, phones system, book education and courses, book gym sessions and order their daily choice of meals all automated on dumb terminals in their cells using citrix for the app. Really good tech which reduces the admin cost of employing loads of admin staff.
    That actually sounds a bit of a Gucci system

Leave a comment:

• JohnJizzle
    replied
    I know somebody who works there as a permie and they are going through some bad times at the moment. He thinks a lot of them are about to be made redundant

Leave a comment:

• Boney M
    replied
    They pay next to nothing for their permies but contracting rate was fine, was working in HMP Thameside for a bit as they use a self service system for prisoners to order their canteen, book medical, book visits, phones system, book education and courses, book gym sessions and order their daily choice of meals all automated on dumb terminals in their cells using citrix for the app. Really good tech which reduces the admin cost of employing loads of admin staff.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    They're a pretty massive organisation encompassing all kinds of different businesses and sectors, so I think you might have to give more detail.

I worked for them as a permie in the NE a few years ago but doubt that has much in common with their other areas of work.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    started a topic Serco

Serco

Anyone worked with them?

Potential gig suporting one of their Public Sector clients. Pulic Sector I can deal, with but never had dealings with Serco.

Working...
X