• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Agency behaviour

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agency behaviour"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    And I think that this thread has come to the end of it's professional life.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Debz View Post
    You are wrong. There are still 10 roles to fill and the start dates are staggered over the next month so it wasn't about finding someone fast enough or that I was a second choice. It was simply the agent being an arsehole trying to scrounge as much as they could and I caught them out as I had the clients details and threatened to speak to the client if the agent couldn't sort it out.
    Where can we see a comment from you with the idea that the agent was trying to scrounge as much as they could? Your original statement basically boils down to:-

I didn't research things correctly so having agreed a price had to attempt to increase it.... The agent doesn't seem to be doing anything....

To which if I had seen the comment earlier I would have said bypass the agent and speak to the client who interviewed you to find out what is going on...

But you really should have done all your research first to get the price right and you really need to understand how many agents work nowadays. Any largeish or clueful end client will be using fixed percentages....
    Last edited by eek; 5 July 2015, 09:09.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    No point listening to the pontification of this muppet of course, he's a proven serial liar, putting the maximum positive spin on it, he's a complete fantasist. He's lied so many times he can't even remember that he's promised to permanently leave CUK many times.
    I felt compelled to break my silence as Debz was, IMHO, being treated unfairly.

I didn't want Debz to get the impression that everyone on CUK was like you.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Debz. This once fine forum has been overrun with gloried code monkeys and tape changers. You are right in what you say. The good guys all left.

There remain one or two that I might consider listening to, but they sadly did not contribute to this thread.

Well done on standing your ground with the agent.
    No point listening to the pontification of this muppet of course, he's a proven serial liar, putting the maximum positive spin on it, he's a complete fantasist. He's lied so many times he can't even remember that he's promised to permanently leave CUK many times.

Leave a comment:

• Debz
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
    This. So all the 'buffoons' were right, it's just the agent couldn't find anyone else fast enough. Congrats though.
    You are wrong. There are still 10 roles to fill and the start dates are staggered over the next month so it wasn't about finding someone fast enough or that I was a second choice. It was simply the agent being an arsehole trying to scrounge as much as they could and I caught them out as I had the clients details and threatened to speak to the client if the agent couldn't sort it out.

Leave a comment:

• TheLordDave
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    So looks like agency couldn't find anyone else to fill that role and have taken the hit since margin - x is better than no margin at all. Don't believe the bull about them thinking you already had the contract they were stalling to see if they could do better...
    This. So all the 'buffoons' were right, it's just the agent couldn't find anyone else fast enough. Congrats though.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Looks like I clearly did get it...and you didnt!...Glad I didn't listen to you lot bunch of over opinionated baffoons who all think they are right.
    Debz. This once fine forum has been overrun with gloried code monkeys and tape changers. You are right in what you say. The good guys all left.

There remain one or two that I might consider listening to, but they sadly did not contribute to this thread.

Well done on standing your ground with the agent.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    So looks like agency couldn't find anyone else to fill that role and have taken the hit since margin - x is better than no margin at all. Don't believe the bull about them thinking you already had the contract they were stalling to see if they could do better...
    I'm not sure that I believe the OP's posts, but giving the benefit of monumental doubt that's vaguely possible (more likely the whole thing is made up).
    As Tractor said a bit of research up front would have helped understand the likely costs, you need to be pretty foolish not to think that through when considering an interview let alone a contract.
    Last edited by TykeMerc; 4 July 2015, 09:52.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

<snip>
    But I always check out my costs so that I don't need to on public forums.
    Last edited by administrator; 4 July 2015, 00:01. Reason: Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting? We'll have no winking here. Are you local?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You asked for opinions on what is going on. You got them. You then call the people whose opinions you asked for baffoons[sic]. Odd.
    How many times have we seen exactly this scenario played out from a "new" CUK poster in the professional sections? It feels terribly familiar.

Leave a comment:

• Debz
    replied
    Originally posted by borderreiver View Post
    Hope you're a bit more professional than that when you finally get on site and someone disagrees with you about something ... !
    Why so serious? It's Friday. Chillout!

Leave a comment:

• borderreiver
    replied
    <snip>
    Hope you're a bit more professional than that when you finally get on site and someone disagrees with you about something ... !
    Last edited by administrator; 4 July 2015, 00:00. Reason: Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting? We'll have no winking here. Are you local?

Leave a comment:

• Debz
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Buffoons

We are only going by our experiences (YMMV - YOD)

You are the one who agreed a rate before checking out your costs - go figure.
    <snip>
    Last edited by administrator; 4 July 2015, 00:00. Reason: Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting? We'll have no winking here. Are you local?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Any thoughts on what is going on?
    Everyone thinks that their opinion is like a golden jobby.
    Glad I didn't listen to you lot bunch of over opinionated baffoons who all think they are right.
    You asked for opinions on what is going on. You got them. You then call the people whose opinions you asked for baffoons[sic]. Odd.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 3 July 2015, 18:21.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X