• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency behaviour

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gives me great pleasure to say that you were all wrong Everyone thinks that their opinion is like a golden jobby.

After sending an angry email to the agent today, I was offered my contract today at the rate that I wanted...reason for them not being in touch is because apparently the agent thought they had sent me the initial contract but they had not. I smell bulltulip though, I think only reason they were in touch today as I mentioned that I would contact the client direct if they didn't get back to me and tell me what was going on. Client was happy with me at interview and wanted me to start asap. Agency was the problem in this case!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      You're not getting it. The agency dropped you. They lie. Get on with it and start looking for other contracts immediately.
      Looks like you did not get it!

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
        It is you who are not getting it. They burned you but wont tell you because if they don't come up with someone else, they can send you in.

Get over it and get some more interviews booked in and this time, check out the costs before agreeing the rate.
        Looks like I clearly did get it...and you didnt!...Glad I didn't listen to you lot bunch of over opinionated baffoons who all think they are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Debz View Post
          Looks like I clearly did get it...and you didnt!...Glad I didn't listen to you lot bunch of over opinionated baffoons who all think they are right.
          I'm glad you understood my second post about getting the client details.

However I'm surprised it took you so long to threaten the agency with contacting them.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Gives me great pleasure to say that you were all wrong Everyone thinks that their opinion is like a golden jobby.

After sending an angry email to the agent today, I was offered my contract today at the rate that I wanted...reason for them not being in touch is because apparently the agent thought they had sent me the initial contract but they had not. I smell bulltulip though, I think only reason they were in touch today as I mentioned that I would contact the client direct if they didn't get back to me and tell me what was going on. Client was happy with me at interview and wanted me to start asap. Agency was the problem in this case!

Still Invoicing

Comment

Buffoons

We are only going by our experiences (YMMV - YOD)

You are the one who agreed a rate before checking out your costs - go figure.

Comment

Any thoughts on what is going on?
                Everyone thinks that their opinion is like a golden jobby.
                Glad I didn't listen to you lot bunch of over opinionated baffoons who all think they are right.
                You asked for opinions on what is going on. You got them. You then call the people whose opinions you asked for baffoons[sic]. Odd.
                Last edited by mudskipper; 3 July 2015, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  Buffoons

We are only going by our experiences (YMMV - YOD)

You are the one who agreed a rate before checking out your costs - go figure.
                  <snip>
                  Last edited by administrator; 4 July 2015, 00:00. Reason: Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting? We'll have no winking here. Are you local?

Comment

<snip>
                    Hope you're a bit more professional than that when you finally get on site and someone disagrees with you about something ... !
                    Last edited by administrator; 4 July 2015, 00:00. Reason: Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting? We'll have no winking here. Are you local?

Comment

Originally posted by borderreiver View Post
                      Hope you're a bit more professional than that when you finally get on site and someone disagrees with you about something ... !
                      Why so serious? It's Friday. Chillout!

Comment

Working...
                      X