• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Will accountant really save money?"

Collapse

• pr1
    replied
    there's no way diseasex isn't trolling, stop biting, everyone

Leave a comment:

• Bozwell
    replied
    It's rarely a good a to buy property with a limited company. The possible exception to this is for commercial property that your company is going to inhabit. But don't trust my advice I'm not a financial adviser.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I have better things to do then explain why that advice is crap. Go and see a different, decent financial advisor and ask him whether its best to invest in property on a personal basis or through a limited company....
    Or you could look at one of the large number of threads on CUK about buying property to realise what cack advice that is.

Regardless of that, the decision to go with someone who is rich and you are unsure of seems particularly stupid.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    I have better things to do then explain why that advice is crap. Go and see a different, decent financial advisor and ask him whether its best to invest in property on a personal basis or through a limited company....
    Well you had time to reply that you don't have time to reply.
    The guy said "he would" buy properties within the limited company. That's obvious that it all depends on circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    This guy is one of like 5-6 accountants in this company. He is the owner and deals in investment topics, theres Vat guy, bookkeeper , etc , people that deal with different topics separately.
    I liked the fact he's been knowledgeable , have money and know ways to avoid high tax bill. Like the properties example.
    Explain further why , what he said, is false please
    THanks!

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    1) how is him being rich a good sign?
    2) and even

+1....
    This guy is one of like 5-6 accountants in this company. He is the owner and deals in investment topics, theres Vat guy, bookkeeper , etc , people that deal with different topics separately.
    I liked the fact he's been knowledgeable , have money and know ways to avoid high tax bill. Like the properties example.
    Explain further why , what he said, is false please
    THanks!

Leave a comment:

• Snarf
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Unless you would've spent that extra time working and earning, it IS a cost saving. Your time is only worth money if someone is prepared to pay you.
    Personally I value my free time as worth more than my hourly rate... If paying an accountant frees me up for a few hours a month during which time I can take the kids out or meet friends then its worth it...
    Of course, if the wife wants to go shopping then Ill probably need to stay home, lock myself in the office and pour over the books until she gives up on the idea!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Looking at that post - fire the accountant now.
    +100000

I see a train wreck here.....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Well thats unhealthy to think like that . There has to be some balance in making money.
    Days passing and I kinda chose accountant now but still am unconvinced. The pros, this accountant is rich and will serve good advice on future (hopefully better) profits, like he advised me to keep properties within limited to save on capital gains tax on sale (if its under limited you can reduce the capital gains by inflation). The cons are 1000 less a year, and with the software im using, which calculates most of the figures required by tax filling I don't see much use of him.

Long story short, I haven't bought myself a piece of clothing for 2 years (warchest is growing strong) and my hand itches when about to sign 90£ a month liability instead of doing the work myself

not sure again
    1) how is him being rich a good sign?
    2) and even

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    +1....

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Well thats unhealthy to think like that . There has to be some balance in making money.
    Days passing and I kinda chose accountant now but still am unconvinced. The pros, this accountant is rich and will serve good advice on future (hopefully better) profits, like he advised me to keep properties within limited to save on capital gains tax on sale (if its under limited you can reduce the capital gains by inflation). The cons are 1000 less a year, and with the software im using, which calculates most of the figures required by tax filling I don't see much use of him.

Long story short, I haven't bought myself a piece of clothing for 2 years (warchest is growing strong) and my hand itches when about to sign 90£ a month liability instead of doing the work myself

not sure again

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Unless you would've spent that extra time working and earning, it IS a cost saving. Your time is only worth money if someone is prepared to pay you.

I've been in the situation where I have hourly paid contracts which let me put in as many hours as I can/wish and THEN your view changes because going out for a pint suddenly costs £75

not sure again
    Last edited by diseasex; 18 June 2015, 08:38.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Contreras View Post
    There are reasons for doing this but cost saving is not one of them. Once you have put the effort in it will easily have cost you more in time

I've been in the situation where I have hourly paid contracts which let me put in as many hours as I can/wish and THEN your view changes because going out for a pint suddenly costs £75

Leave a comment:

• Snarf
    replied
    Originally posted by David Barrett View Post
    I think about it this way:

You probably could figure it out and get by, in the same way that my clients could probably fudge together their own software if they got a few books and spend a bit of time messing about in visual studio....

As long as their rate is reasonable its going to save you time and the end result will be better.
    And of course their fee will be an expense, so reduces your CT... Your accountant would tell you that.

Leave a comment:

• Snarf
    replied
    I think about it this way:

You probably could figure it out and get by, in the same way that my clients could probably fudge together their own software if they got a few books and spend a bit of time messing about in visual studio....

As long as their rate is reasonable its going to save you time and the end result will be better.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    To sum that up , it wont save money for a typical contractor but it will save a lot of hassle
    Assuming that you won't make any mistakes, and know the law, and know the ins and outs of what you can do, then yes.

If any of those assumptions aren't true, then that's not what I said.

HTH BIVMDI

Leave a comment:

Working...
X