• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Promoted !

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Promoted !"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    That's what it says - so if a 3* review got a 1% pay rise (for example) and a 4* review got a 1.1% pay rise.

And that difference is £100 a year.
    YES

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    PC, I don't want to seem to be having a pop for the sake of it so I will adopt a different stance this time. I've clearly been giving you a hard time unjustly.

If I'd know you were clearing £22 per week in your last permie role I would have understood why you face so many of the problems that you do.

I'm sorry mate. Honestly. No hard feelings, eh?

I do mean the last bit boyo
    Eh, confused me now.

The payrise for attaining the higher level score was £100 more than the lower level. My point being you had to ass lick to achieve a salary of JUST £100 more for the next year.

Approx £2 per week extra.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Ah, Now I've got you. I reckon you could read it either way. Hopefully MS will be along in a minute.

A payrise is a payrise isn't it? Another for the OP

(Oh, and eek is correct.)

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    I've noticed people working in McDonald's wear badges with stars on, now I know what they are for.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Is that 10% extra of his 1%??
    That's what it says - so if a 3* review got a 1% pay rise (for example) and a 4* review got a 1.1% pay rise.

And that difference is £100 a year.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Context is everything and its clear from the second paragraph the context of that 10% unless you wanted to be mischievous
    How very dare you Sir!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Ah, Now I've got you. I reckon you could read it either way. Hopefully MS will be along in a minute.
    Context is everything and its clear from the second paragraph the context of that 10% unless you wanted to be mischievous

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    nope he wrote
    Is that 10% extra of his 1%??

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    nope he wrote

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    He wrote 10% didn't he? Or are my eyes fcked?
    nope he wrote

10% extra pay rise.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    um 4* would mean a 1.1% pay rise, 3* a 1% pay rise....
    He wrote 10% didn't he? Or are my eyes fcked?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    PC, I don't want to seem to be having a pop for the sake of it so I will adopt a different stance this time. I've clearly been giving you a hard time unjustly.

If I'd know you were clearing £22 per week in your last permie role I would have understood why you face so many of the problems that you do.

um 4* would mean a 1.1% pay rise, 3* a 1% pay rise....

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I remember permie days, get 4* instead of 3* at your appraisal and get something like 10% extra pay rise.

Worked out about £100 before tax for the whole year. Work you nuts off and lick butt for less than £2 per week.
    The joys of being permie.

Last edited by Pondlife; 12 February 2015, 14:16.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    In that case, have a

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    IIRC the OP started a contract and was promoted to a new role with an increased rate however the second poster took umbrage at the post leaving the OP to edit the original post and remain banana-free.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X