• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any opinions on Tata consulting?"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I agree but at the time we weren't given a choice and working through PLCs was mandatory.

Many of us didn't take the piss but many more did.
    And many people who couldn't justify to themselves that their work was outside IR35 ended up falling foul of a loan scheme.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by ensignia View Post

It never should have been either, if we're honest.
    I agree but at the time we weren't given a choice and working through PLCs was mandatory.

Many of us didn't take the piss but many more did.

Leave a comment:

• ensignia
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Even the work that is, probably isn't.
    It never should have been either, if we're honest.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

There isn't much outside IR35 work in financial services.
    Even the work that is, probably isn't.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

If you're trying stay outside of IR35 and training is not part of your SoW, you should have an issue with training others.
    There isn't much outside IR35 work in financial services.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    I don't have an issue training people assuming they have a genuine interest in programming.

I have worked with some incredible offshore developers but sadly many more who treat development as a vocation and have very little interest in the subject.
    If you're trying stay outside of IR35 and training is not part of your SoW, you should have an issue with training others.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    I don't have an issue training people assuming they have a genuine interest in programming.

I have worked with some incredible offshore developers but sadly many more who treat development as a vocation and have very little interest in the subject.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    I have been offered a very decent rate, fully remote with a bank as the end client.

Can I expect a largely stress free experience or long hours working with clowns?
    I had a gig through them at a retail bank a few years ago. I did my thing, got paid on time. Towards the end of the 2nd renewal they did try to get me to attend workshops (aka train the juniors) but I refused saying it wasn't part of the agreed contract and it would need another SoW. Sometimes you can use IR35 to your benefit too.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If its fully remote then your job will be to train up your replacements.
    Otherwise known as The Clowns.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I have been offered a very decent rate, fully remote with a bank as the end client.

Can I expect a largely stress free experience or long hours working with clowns?
    If its fully remote then your job will be to train up your replacements.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

2 guesses - and the first option isn't possible..

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Avalonia
    replied
    tata=muppets

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by abhigreen View Post
    I am contracting through them for the last 2 years at a large bank.

No hassles, decent rates, no rate cutting threats, payment on schedule, open transparent communication, willingness to use contractors (unlike other vendors at this bank). So far, so good.
    But since you've only been contracting for two years, your frame of reference may not be the best

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    OK from me, working through them at the moment and apart from a few issues with late payment of expenses, its been good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X