• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Looking for a contractor..."

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SlimRick View Post
    Thanks for the reminder....I'm terrible with technology
    I know of a non-tech role going for £250 pd in the Southwest, but I'll need two references from you first.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by SlimRick View Post
    How many foreign applicants have you had?

Leave a comment:

• SlimRick
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    At slimrick remove your email address immediately and get people to PM you.

These threads are available via google so you will be spammed.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    At slimrick remove your email address immediately and get people to PM you.

These threads are available via google so you will be spammed.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Thought that the wife would be interested as she's in that area (work and geographical) so I've passed the details on to her. You never know she may actually reply.

Leave a comment:

• SlimRick
    replied
    Originally posted by MattZani View Post
    Actually looks like a good rate.

I'm checking jobserve now and there are project coordinator ads in london for £150-200 per day
    I'll edit my post then

Leave a comment:

• MattZani
    replied
    Actually looks like a good rate.

I'm checking jobserve now and there are project coordinator ads in london for £150-200 per day

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    A Project Coordinator isn't the same as a PM.
    Apologies. I've never heard of a PC, the role just sounded a bit PM-y.

Leave a comment:

• SlimRick
    replied
    A fairly predictable response I suppose

Agreed, the rate isn't fantastic but as has been mentioned, I'm not looking for a Prince 2 PM with 10 years of experience. I'm looking for someone that has some experience of handling projects (existing and new) and can keep things on track. It would be mostly admin work, presenting on a monthly basis and chasing up outstanding tasks internally and externally.

I would think it would suit someone on the bench, or looking for steady income for the next few months. The days and hours are flexible to suit, we just have lots of projects on the go at the moment and would like someone to pull them all together and make sure nothing gets missed.

Current Projects include:
    New food and beverage system for a restaurant.
    Migration of support and development from existing developer to newco.
    Infrastructure refresh - replacement of server / end user eqpt, network redesign.

Just to clarify again, there is no need for technical involvement in the above projects, we have the teams on board to do the work.

Any further info needed, send me a PM

Edited to add: I'm not a recruiter btw, there are no agencies involved - I'm the IT manager so you'll be working closely with me and the finance director.
    Last edited by SlimRick; 24 September 2014, 17:30.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Oracle used to do it all the time, and charge the client £650 a day for the privilege.
    Only £650 reckon it's probably more here but I'm not in a position to find out

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Yep, its what current clientco has graduates doing.
    Oracle used to do it all the time, and charge the client £650 a day for the privilege.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Glorified admin person.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Exactly.

It's fun to sneer at bad rates, but there's nothing wrong with this at all. And part time contracts are not always easy to find. This could suit someone very nicely.

And while it's also fun to behave badly in the professional forums, we really shouldn't put people off from offering work.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yeah? For a generic coder I wouldn't be that surprised but PM surely should attract £300?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X