• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "EU hauliers refuse to enter the UK due to border delays"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    William Shatner to stop selling merchandise to UK fans over costly international trading changes

William Shatner has said he will be forced to stop selling merchandise to UK fans because of impending changes to international trading costs.
    What else will be more expensive?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I thought this was an article from "The Gricer". Maybe about how the A303 is a travel corridor or summat?

Terribly disappointed is I....

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I ordered something from Germany on 4 December:

9 Dec - picked up from supplier
    11 Dec - left Germany
    11 Dec - Arrived UK
    12 Dec - Arrived West London Parcel Force sorting office
    14 Dec - Delivered
    Airfreight is still going as normal, although from today many EU countries are banning flights from the UK as well due to the new covid variant, so that may also get disrupted

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Anecdotal but a package I ordered from Germany, which was shipped by DHL on 7 Dec, still hasn't arrived. Normally, it would take less than a week.
    I ordered something from Germany on 4 December:

9 Dec - picked up from supplier
    11 Dec - left Germany
    11 Dec - Arrived UK
    12 Dec - Arrived West London Parcel Force sorting office
    14 Dec - Delivered

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Is wurf it 4 are indibendunce. I would rather sell the kids to the circus than buy from germany.
    Funny it's always the gammons who drive German cars with a St George's cross flag on their license plates

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Looks like some companies have simply given up on the UK.

Supplier stopping all deliveries to the UK indefinitely
    We need Spuddy and his ilk to tell him to suck it up, buy british and stop being a bedwetter ..... FFS a bit of pain for all the gain of blue passports and lobsters

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Is wurf it 4 are indibendunce. I would rather sell the kids to the circus than buy from germany.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

This week, the owner of the Folkestone, England-based firm received a two-line email with bad news: his German supplier is stopping all shipments to the U.K. indefinitely because of Brexit.

“I was deflated,” said Paul Hayes-Watkins. His business is now struggling to find alternative sources of parts. “If this is how the future is going to be,” he said, “I may as well close the doors.”

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Anecdotal but a package I ordered from Germany, which was shipped by DHL on 7 Dec, still hasn't arrived. Normally, it would take less than a week.
    I had a guitar shipped from the UK to Germany on Monday and it arrived Wednesday, pretty impressive even in normal times

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Buy British!

There, another remoaners’ problem solved, NEXT!

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EU hauliers refuse to enter the UK due to border delays

EU hauliers refuse to enter the UK due to border delays | News | The Grocer

Working...
X