• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "EU hauliers are starting to refuse deliveries to the U.K. in January"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Er, I don't think so...

Old smeg & el reeker do fantasise about some strange things.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'm not passing anything. I wasn't responsible for the negotiations, and I'm not responsible for the actions of some Frenchmen.

What will I be next week, I wonder..?
    A hungry cretin.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied

Hungry.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Interesting .... trying to pass the buck now for your decision to vote out Own these issues fella, it's what you voted for
    I'm not passing anything. I wasn't responsible for the negotiations, and I'm not responsible for the actions of some Frenchmen.

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    I thought you were delusional. Now it is clear to me you are just naive.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Unfortunately a lot of their goods have to pass through Calais, and if some Frenchmen want to blockade it until we give them what they want, there's not much you or I can do about that.
    I thought you were delusional. Now it is clear to me you are just naive.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Unfortunately a lot of their goods have to pass through Calais, and if some Frenchmen want to blockade it until we give them what they want, there's not much you or I can do about that.
    Interesting .... trying to pass the buck now for your decision to vote out Own these issues fella, it's what you voted for

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Good for you, that's the spirit . So long as you're OK fook all those businesses that will go bust because they can't get their goods to market

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    You are welcome to believe that, but as usual, you're very wide of the mark.
    Erm yeah

I did an infrastructure upgrade for a UK-wide freight company (admittedly it was about 15 years ago) and I spent time in their Felixstowe base. Shipping movements are planned months in advance - I had to ensure that a system which was being phased out and replaced could stay running for at least a year after it was supposed to be redundant, because it wasn't possible to fully migrate the data to the replacement system. I got to know the sea-freight team quite well. Sea-freight to/from Europe was generally routed via Tilbury, and Felixstowe was used for the mega-ships which mostly arrive from Asia these days. As I said, that was some time ago, but I'd be surprised if the tonnage from Europe was more than 10% of that passing through Felixstowe.
    I've only done 4-5 years in various 'logistics' businesses, but I've seen enough disruption from strikes, weather problems, and bad planning to know that 'just in time' is asking for trouble. It's the sort of policy that gets designed by accountants. I also know which 'logistics' companies I'd steer well clear of.

I'm wondering why this is in the wrong forum, it doesn't have anything to do with Brexit (yet).

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I'm not suicidal at the prospect of a brie shortage, if that's what you mean...
    Good for you, that's the spirit . So long as you're OK fook all those businesses that will go bust because they can't get their goods to market

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Fisting BR14.

Ewwww,

Do you mind ?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Fisting BR14.
    Er, I don't think so...

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Fisting BR14.
    you're becoming obsessive now.
    perhaps you should seek professional help you sad, benighted little man.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    What was his other hand doing while single hand was busy building the infrastructure ?
    Fisting BR14.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    You guys are forgetting he's a logistics expert who also single-handedly built the IT infrastructure for Felixstowe port
    You are welcome to believe that, but as usual, you're very wide of the mark.

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    What was his other hand doing while single hand was busy building the infrastructure ?
    <--- Check out the pic on the left

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    How sweet that you believe this
    I'm not suicidal at the prospect of a brie shortage, if that's what you mean...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X