• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are you stockpiling?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Brexit: No deal is far better than staying in the EU | The Independent

Hear hear!!

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    The last time we had proper food shortages we had just won a World War, introduced the NHS, and had the healthiest population imaginable in terms of BMI.

Just saying.

the average brit running on beans on toast shall not worry. that thing does not expire and there is probably plenty buried around.
    if you do no buy regular chicken(the white-ish one), pick only organic vegetables and always buy fruits you will see a different story.

I would not mind having the food the nordics have and paying slightly more but food in uk is already bad. If you add chlorinated chicken on top and imported products from all over the globe with questionable quality and a high price ... people will be annoyed.

most of the academics are family people on 30k max and FTC, they'll vote with their feet when their contract expires.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    The last time we had proper food shortages we had just won a World War, introduced the NHS, and had the healthiest population imaginable in terms of BMI.

Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    What’s the advice - hide under table and avoid looking directly at the blast?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    No-deal Brexit advice issued by government - The Ulster Fry

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Is that what Brexit has now come down to? We'll "adapt and survive", if that's really the best we can hope for then we're doomed. We've spent four years pissing about trying to find a way to make divorce look friendly and we're now left with "adapting and surviving".
    It's time they updated this and sent it out to every household.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I'm sure the UK will adapt and we will survive. Thanks for your concern.
    Is that what Brexit has now come down to? We'll "adapt and survive", if that's really the best we can hope for then we're doomed. We've spent four years pissing about trying to find a way to make divorce look friendly and we're now left with "adapting and surviving".

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    No problems but just in case, stockpile this...

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Leaves more of the good stuff for us. Actually a lot of the Cheddar in Europe comes from Ireland anyway. The problem with the above, there are only a finite amount of milk which means at some point, something has to give. A few years old but still very relevant: Brexit and the Dairy Sector

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Leaves more of the good stuff for us. Actually a lot of the Cheddar in Europe comes from Ireland anyway. The problem with the above, there are only a finite amount of milk which means at some point, something has to give. A few years old but still very relevant: Brexit and the Dairy Sector

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Tesco: Brexit ''could see people choose cheddar over brie'' - BBC News

Brits could turn back to cheddar if the price of French cheese shoots up after a no-deal Brexit.

Tesco's chair John Allan told the BBC that import taxes could push up the price of brie by as much as 40%.
    OR

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/285354536

Produce of

Produced in the U.K., using milk from the U.K.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm trying to stock up, but keep drinking it.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Went to the Haribo outlet store today, stocks have been piled up
    I used to have to drive past the factory in Bonn on the way to work. Divine smell.

I would imagine there are tulip loads stacked up by the Danish border.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Went to the Haribo outlet store today, stocks have been piled up

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    The main issue will probably be hyperinflation not food scarcity.
    I have a few kg’s I would like to shed, eating frugally might actually help.
    Tesco are stockpiling. Hyperinflation is ludicrous.

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    You may be able to deal with a 15% price increase but a lot of people don't
    It's not just price hikes, but a lack of supply while everyone tries to figure what is going on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X