• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Travelling to the Schengen Area from January 2021"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Or we'll choose our holiday hotels wisely so they have free wifi. If you want to watch Love Island 'live' on a beach in Corfu, you deserve a £300 bill. Download it the next morning while you're 'enjoying' a fairly unpleasant breakfast of feta and olives and you won't pay anything over the odds.
    You lot are about as technically aware as my octogenarian parents. It's embarrassing...
    Until the hotels cotton on and limit bandwidth which I know happens in some. Alternatively you could go to a foreign country nearer which shows British TV, such as Wales...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    WCS

It won’t happen overnight but slowly and surely most providers will treat EU countries as ‘other’ countries and charge per day or per MB.

However, we being brits, we will just tolerate all this through gritted teeth and mutter that at least we are independent of EU so we are better off.
    Or we'll choose our holiday hotels wisely so they have free wifi. If you want to watch Love Island 'live' on a beach in Corfu, you deserve a £300 bill. Download it the next morning while you're 'enjoying' a fairly unpleasant breakfast of feta and olives and you won't pay anything over the odds.
    You lot are about as technically aware as my octogenarian parents. It's embarrassing...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    What's the problem? It will be just like the war again.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I read the new regulations with regard to UK citizens on the German government website. There they explained that you will be questioned by a border guard every time you enter the Germany. That is going to lead to long queues.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    My guess is that they’ll charge a ‘holiday fee’ of £10-20 for a week, to avoid the £200+ bills that you’d otherwise get.

It would be a no brainer to pay it...
    WCS

It won’t happen overnight but slowly and surely most providers will treat EU countries as ‘other’ countries and charge per day or per MB.

However, we being brits, we will just tolerate all this through gritted teeth and mutter that at least we are independent of EU so we are better off.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My Three data plan covers the USA and Australia so why wouldn't it continue to cover Europe?
    Thing is you pay ( most likely) more than for a standard data plan that doesn't cover these regions. Currently all EU countries are included for free in everyone's dataplan

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    My guess is that they’ll charge a ‘holiday fee’ of £10-20 for a week, to avoid the £200+ bills that you’d otherwise get.

It would be a no brainer to pay it...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My Three data plan covers the USA and Australia so why wouldn't it continue to cover Europe?
    I had a Three phone once*, and it struggled with some parts of London...

*Not my choice, it was client issued

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    No "current" plans ... do you realise that doesn't mean no plans at all don't you? And that these companies are there for profit so they will all start charging in the future? Or are you so blinkered by the lies that you can no longer make your own thinking?

Again, all this was known prior to 2016 so no surprises to those of us who are intelligent enough to understand what is going on. The sheeple who voted out though .... they're in for some big surprises
    I doubt many will be affected, except possibly those on PAYG roaming. Business data packages are worldwide, and no network will want to be the first to exclude European countries from their inclusive coverage. They would lose all their high revenue customers to rivals, who then would have no need to follow suit.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    No "current" plans ... do you realise that doesn't mean no plans at all don't you? And that these companies are there for profit so they will all start charging in the future? Or are you so blinkered by the lies that you can no longer make your own thinking?

Again, all this was known prior to 2016 so no surprises to those of us who are intelligent enough to understand what is going on. The sheeple who voted out though .... they're in for some big surprises
    + It is not a unilateral decision. Roaming partners have a say as well as the home operator. Let's subsidise VF they are all saying.

We hold all the cards.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I note with interest your omission of...

Source...

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Just waiting for the first bills to come out after Jan 1st and the deplorables will start complaining their mobile bills have gotten out of control
    I note with interest your omission of...

The mobile operators (Three, EE, O2 and Vodafone) have have stated that they have no current plans to change their mobile roaming policies.
    Source...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    A lot of this, and the musicians thread, was talked about pre 2016 vote but was constantly called 'project fear' and this will never be the case because we will get a great deal. Let's hope those that voted out can no longer afford to travel to Benidorm for their hols and are forced to go to Blackpool instead

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    We won get over it

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X