• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No need for a withdrawal agreement"

Collapse

• Eirikur
    replied
    Spain is now free to ignore the treaty of Utrecht in a very limited and specific way. Bye bye Gibraltar.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    No need for a withdrawal agreement
    Boris has never honoured one before.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    They knew they were going to do this all along....
    #failingstate

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    They knew they were going to do this all along....

Originally posted by Steve Baker;ERG
    we should vote for the original withdrawal agreement without reading it, on the basis Michael Gove articulated: we could change it later

Boris: take back control | Steve Baker | The Critic Magazine
    Originally posted by Michael Gove - 2017;Tory Idiot
    “If the British people dislike the agreement that we have negotiated with the EU, the agreement will allow a future government to diverge.”
    Originally posted by Dominic Cummings - 2019;Unelected Puppet Master
    “don’t worry about the so-called ‘permanent’ commitments this historically abysmal Cabinet are trying to make on our behalf. They are not ‘permanent’ and a serious government — one not cowed by officials and their bulltulip ‘legal advice’ with which they have herded ministers like sheep — will dispense with these commitments.”

On the referendum #24N: Actions have consequences – Dominic Cummings's Blog

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    New national anthem...

"Britannia waives the rules"

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Spaffed. That is a good word. I had never heard it before. I shall start using it from now on.
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Good luck putting that in a PPT!
    You can use it on radio phone-ins though: Boris Johnson under fire over remarks about child abuse inquiries | Politics | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Spaffed. That is a good word. I had never heard it before. I shall start using it from now on.
    Good luck putting that in a PPT!

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Johnson has never had a withdrawal agreement, he just spaffed it all away...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Johnson has never had a withdrawal agreement, he just spaffed it all away...

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    "My client only broke the law in a specific and limited way."

If you're a Tory then laws are only for other people...
    Spain is no doubt looking forward to breaching international law regarding Gibraltar in "specific" ways

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Isn't it really sad what these Tories have done to our country. Who'd have thought, 10 years ago, that we'd turn into a rogue country not to be trusted on the world stage and willing to break international law just to force through the ideologies of a minority of Tories?

We might all be getting blue passports, but we'll be too embarrassed to show them.
    Don't forget unlawfully suspending Parliament.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Jonathan Jones: Head of government's legal department quits over PM's reported Brexit plan,

"This resignation indicates that senior government lawyers think that the government are about to break the law".

Jonathan Jones: Head of government's legal department quits over PM's reported Brexit plan, Whitehall sources say | Politics News | Sky News
    Isn't it really sad what these Tories have done to our country. Who'd have thought, 10 years ago, that we'd turn into a rogue country not to be trusted on the world stage and willing to break international law just to force through the ideologies of a minority of Tories?

We might all be getting blue passports, but we'll be too embarrassed to show them.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

"The so-called 'victim' was going to die anyway, my client only broke the law by bringing forward the date"

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon Lewis;NI Secretary

I would say to my honourable friend that, yes, this does break international law in a very specific and limited way. We’re taking the power to disapply the EU law concept of direct effect required by article 4 in certain very tightly defined circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    We won get over it

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X