• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blue Passports are finally here! Huzzah!"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    One of my passports is like that, the other isn't. Can I have 2 cookies?
    Me too, one is plastic covered paper, you can guess which one that is and the other is plastic. The one I bought from a bloke in a pub who said it was from Turkmenistan feels like cow hide but I don't use that one

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I've just received my new passport. Turnaround was really quick. I filled in the form online on 30 November and received it today. That includes them waiting for me to send my old passport back.

I'd say it looks smart. The dark blue looks almost black.

I really like the identification page. It's far more robust than the old one as it's fully plastic rather than coated paper.
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Like my German - EU one then...
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Like my Dutch one already for 15 years
    Well done, would you both like a cookie?

One of my passports is like that, the other isn't. Can I have 2 cookies?

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The poor will be deported to Australia under BoJo's deal
    I would love to be deported to Australia.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I'm good till 2030 now, that can is kicked down the road a fair way.

I have a general issue with a charge for a passport. Whilst I get that costs needs to be covered, the problem comes in its almost ubiquitous use as an identity and right to live/work in the UK document. The charge presents a barrier at the poorer end of society who cannot afford to get one but need something official for identity purposes. Depending on the organisation you're dealing with, life can be very difficult if you don't have a passport/driving license. It could be solved with a identity card but we're totally anti those in the UK for the most part despite the fact they could prove very useful for lots of things if properly implemented (which we all know they wouldn't be).
    The poor will be deported to Australia under BoJo's deal

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    you will when it goes up in price due to tariffs
    I'm good till 2030 now, that can is kicked down the road a fair way.

I have a general issue with a charge for a passport. Whilst I get that costs needs to be covered, the problem comes in its almost ubiquitous use as an identity and right to live/work in the UK document. The charge presents a barrier at the poorer end of society who cannot afford to get one but need something official for identity purposes. Depending on the organisation you're dealing with, life can be very difficult if you don't have a passport/driving license. It could be solved with a identity card but we're totally anti those in the UK for the most part despite the fact they could prove very useful for lots of things if properly implemented (which we all know they wouldn't be).

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    I don't give a monkey's who prints the damn thing
    you will when it goes up in price due to tariffs

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Will it have jam on it?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

I really like the identification page. It's far more robust than the old one as it's fully plastic rather than coated paper.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Some very odd people in this dark and sinister corner of CUK.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Quality French productions standards at their best
    I don't give a monkey's who prints the damn thing

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I've just received my new passport. Turnaround was really quick. I filled in the form online on 30 November and received it today. That includes them waiting for me to send my old passport back.

Quality French productions standards at their best

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    My wife doesn’t need a 2kW “massage device”. She’s got me.

Actually, your wife doesn’t need one either when I’m around...
    How do you manage 2kW output? And surely there'd be some bruising...?

I'm curious (but not in that way) and so is my wife (possibly not in that way)...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X