• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Civil Rebellion - Where are you, Doncaster?"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Back in 2000, I enjoyed the 'spoons at Liverpool St Station. They had a rolling range of 50 beers from all over Britain. I recall Black Widow was my favourite - a bit like Guiness, but no head.
    Is that Hamilton's?

Edit: just checked and yes, the one and the same. Been in there myself in a past life, waiting for my last train from Liverpool Street. Not my favourite pub in the area, though it does a job.
    Last edited by Whorty; 6 November 2019, 20:46.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Back in 2000, I enjoyed the 'spoons at Liverpool St Station. They had a rolling range of 50 beers from all over Britain. I recall Black Widow was my favourite - a bit like Guiness, but no head.
    I know the one, spent many an evening there in in my City days. Would have been around the same time too. It wasn't a typical 'spoons though. Dunno if that idiot had bought it then.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Used to drink in a couple every now and then when we lived in London (The Knights Templar down Chancery Lane, and the Crosse Keys opposite Leadenhall market)

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Forget 'Spoons, this is a proper Doncaster pub: https://twitter.com/Leonnoble82/stat...08441251618817

I'm fairly sure it was filmed during a CUK meet-up.
    I spotted Vetran doing the marching dance .... and Spuddy with the stick looking rather confused. Not impressed by NLYUK's dance at the start.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    ftfy

I'm sure it will do scrumpy too for you country bumpkins

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Forget 'Spoons, this is a proper Doncaster pub: https://twitter.com/Leonnoble82/stat...08441251618817

I'm fairly sure it was filmed during a CUK meet-up.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    the Counting House, on Cornhill is a particularly spectacular Fullers pub that's worth a visit if you're in the area. Beautiful building with warm flat beer, just like yer pukka mockneys prefer.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Is that the big pub with the round bar in the middle, and marble everywhere? Went to someone's leaving do there, it's not really a 'telly' sort of place. If there's any sport worth watching I'd head to the Pavilion End, round the back of St Pauls. It's a Fullers, so the beer is drinkable, if you're into the warm stuff...
    Yes, that's the one. Toilets down in the basement. We'd watch the footie over the road in the New Moon. When City pubs used to close by 9 in the week the Cross Keys was one of the few pubs that would still be open.

I do enjoy the warm stuff, so a Fullers or Youngs pub would be on my radar - the Counting House, on Cornhill is a particularly spectacular Fullers pub that's worth a visit if you're in the area. Beautiful building with good beer.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Used to drink in a couple every now and then when we lived in London (The Knights Templar down Chancery Lane, and the Crosse Keys opposite Leadenhall market) but I don't recall either having screens. I don't think these are your typical 'spoonies though.

We don't have a 'spoonies in our village
    Is that the big pub with the round bar in the middle, and marble everywhere? Went to someone's leaving do there, it's not really a 'telly' sort of place. If there's any sport worth watching I'd head to the Pavilion End, round the back of St Pauls. It's a Fullers, so the beer is drinkable, if you're into the warm stuff...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    You were obviously paying too much attention to the breakfast special menu to notice. It's been a long time since I was in one (it was near a station and the trains were fooked), but they did have Sky News on. You can add that to your vast array of knowledge of the aforementioned pub chain. You'll be able to write the definitive guide soon.
    Used to drink in a couple every now and then when we lived in London (The Knights Templar down Chancery Lane, and the Crosse Keys opposite Leadenhall market) but I don't recall either having screens. I don't think these are your typical 'spoonies though.

We don't have a 'spoonies in our village

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Do 'spoonies have tv screens?
    You were obviously paying too much attention to the breakfast special menu to notice. It's been a long time since I was in one (it was near a station and the trains were fooked), but they did have Sky News on. You can add that to your vast array of knowledge of the aforementioned pub chain. You'll be able to write the definitive guide soon.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    We bow to your expertise on such matters, but if they were all in the pub it was probably to watch the Rugby WCF.
    Do 'spoonies have tv screens?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    10 o'clock? Do the organisers not realise Saturday morning is breakfast special day down the local 'spoonies?
    We bow to your expertise on such matters, but if they were all in the pub it was probably to watch the Rugby WCF.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    10 o'clock? Do the organisers not realise Saturday morning is breakfast special day down the local 'spoonies?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Too cold and wet. That's why an election in December is a good idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X