• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stockpiling for Contractors"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Not quite as simple as that - to get Irish citizenship when you aren't Irish, you could marry an Irish person, but the two of you will need to live in Ireland for 3 years after marriage
    It feels like 6 years.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Marry an Oirish woman and get EU citizenship...

Not quite as simple as that - to get Irish citizenship when you aren't Irish, you could marry an Irish person, but the two of you will need to live in Ireland for 3 years after marriage

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Just the essentials.

Booze
    Fags
    Bog roll

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What's with all this stockpiling? I don't have to and as the Leave camp would have you believe: "They need us more than we need them."
    The NHS can run out of medication, but I'm not doing Christmas with the in-laws and no alcohol!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Just topped up the wine collection, it should see me through the winter.
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    My Pinot noir grapes aren’t quite ready to pick yet, probably next week. I’m down to about the last 100 bottles of non-homemade. That might see me through to Christmas.

Good job my South African supplier already has all the paperwork and import licences sorted out.
    What's with all this stockpiling? I don't have to and as the Leave camp would have you believe: "They need us more than we need them."

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    My Pinot noir grapes aren’t quite ready to pick yet, probably next week. I’m down to about the last 100 bottles of non-homemade. That might see me through to Christmas.

Good job my South African supplier already has all the paperwork and import licences sorted out.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Or an Eastern European stripper.
    Think of all that dirty and degrading sex....

Poor woman.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Or an Eastern European stripper.
    And hopefully your warchest will last you long enough to qualify for visa...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Joke aside, has anyone hedged their warchest? Looked into investing an another country to get Visa?

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Joke aside, has anyone hedged their warchest? Looked into investing an another country to get Visa?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Plan B

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Much of England, at least outside of London, has extensive stockpiles of cretins.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    2 out 3 ain't bad (Samuel Groves nearly went tits-up back in 2013 but the company sorted that one out.)

All of that crap can be sourced with better equivalents from the UK.
    L’Occitane en Provence --> Cruelty-Free Skincare & Beauty Products | The Body Shop
    Body Shop announces jobs to go to Germany in wake of Brexit | Metro News

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Yeah, they're too busy carrying a sack of tulipe around.
    feck off, craphat

Leave a comment:

Working...
X