• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Libertarian academic supports rule by decree to deliver Brexit"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Are the IRA in favour of this proposal ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Well not really sure the 'IRA' actually exists anymore.

Irish Republican Army - Wikipedia

Didn't they change their name to the real IRA?

But surely any 'Army' which is not backed by a government and exists to protect that country is actually just a group of terrorists?

but I am not expert so surely someone will be along to correct me.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    The best solution for the Irish border is for NI to stay fully aligned with Ireland on the minimum necessary for the absence of physical checks (SPS etc.) and for those checks to instead happen on E-W trade in the Irish sea. I've said this countless times, but you perhaps have the memory of a gnat. It isn't immediately workable for temporary reasons (literally, nothing is). First, until the institutions are back up in NI, there's no opportunity for consent. Second, the Tories have a C&S agreement with the DUP. In the long run, it poses no real threat to the Union. There's literally no workable solution otherwise. Staying in the EU isn't a solution for all but the most cretinous among us, i.e., you. The NI backstop isn't a solution (voted against three times). What's your fantastical solution other than "not leaving"?
    Are the IRA in favour of this proposal ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Yes, 48:52, but the majority still haven’t come up with a single workable solution to the Irish Border.
    There is a simple solution. The UK leaves the EU. End of.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Yes, 48:52, but the majority still haven’t come up with a single workable solution to the Irish Border.
    The best solution for the Irish border is for NI to stay fully aligned with Ireland on the minimum necessary for the absence of physical checks (SPS etc.) and for those checks to instead happen on E-W trade in the Irish sea. I've said this countless times, but you perhaps have the memory of a gnat. It isn't immediately workable for temporary reasons (literally, nothing is). First, until the institutions are back up in NI, there's no opportunity for consent. Second, the Tories have a C&S agreement with the DUP. In the long run, it poses no real threat to the Union. There's literally no workable solution otherwise. Staying in the EU isn't a solution for all but the most cretinous among us, i.e., you. The NI backstop isn't a solution (voted against three times). What's your fantastical solution other than "not leaving"?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Apart from Ireland leaving the EU.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Fair enough. I think you're in a minority.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Nope. Completely incorrect. I'm a remainer and I'm as happy as Larry I'm loving the squirming of Bojo and his idiot pals. Also love to watch the angry gammons when interviewed daily on tv. Hilarious.

Brexit just keeps on giving

I do, however, hope Bojo gets his own way and stays in power to deliver it. I'm all for a hard brexit. It's what the gammon leavers deserve
    Fair enough. I think you're in a minority.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Radio4 this morning. Interview with his biographer. Boris is a remainer according to her.

Would certainly explain his reaction the day after the referendum result....
    He wouldn't be the first politician crusading for something that they don't even believe in.

If does die in a ditch, at least he has the comfort of knowing that there's a special place in hell waiting for him.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    On the contrary, the remoaners are the angry, red-faced, cry babies. Happy to unburden you of this small stupidity.
    Nope. Completely incorrect. I'm a remainer and I'm as happy as Larry I'm loving the squirming of Bojo and his idiot pals. Also love to watch the angry gammons when interviewed daily on tv. Hilarious.

Brexit just keeps on giving

I do, however, hope Bojo gets his own way and stays in power to deliver it. I'm all for a hard brexit. It's what the gammon leavers deserve

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I'll include a trigger warning next time for you.
    So clever and yet so mean!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Weak, like your grasp of reality.
    I'll include a trigger warning next time for you.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Dont mind Jamie. He's just another angry gammonflake projecting his gammonflakery.
    Weak, like your grasp of reality.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Wow, that's very early on Sunday afternoon to be drunk.

Gammonflakes are the Brexiters.
    Millennial Snowflakes are the Remainers.

Get your tropes right.
    Dont mind Jamie. He's just another angry gammonflake projecting his gammonflakery.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    But what if BoJo is secretly a Remainer, and leads the UK into the only dictactorship in the EU?
    Radio4 this morning. Interview with his biographer. Boris is a remainer according to her.

Would certainly explain his reaction the day after the referendum result....

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Wow, that's very early on Sunday afternoon to be drunk.

Gammonflakes are the Brexiters.
    Millennial Snowflakes are the Remainers.

Get your tropes right.
    On the contrary, the remoaners are the angry, red-faced, cry babies. Happy to unburden you of this small stupidity. Still, as there are infinitely many compound nouns for snow in the Eskimo-Aleut languages, so are there infinitely many ways for you to appear as thick as whale mince. One small idiocy at a time, “not all there”.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X