• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: BoJo's Brexit plan

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BoJo's Brexit plan"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    In general the EU adopts the lowest common denominator when it comes to standards.

The UK's standards are invariable better than the base EU standard.

But you know...
    So leaving the EU won't end up in a bonfire of red tape and regulations.

That's good to know.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    I thought one of the premise of Brexit was to throw off the shackles of the e.u and sign our own trade deals, or are the Brexiter's moving the goal posts again.
    Yes. I said Ireland was being shafted. And after all that they did to try and cripple Brexit, that's how they are rewarded. I hope we can continue to buy from the Irish, they shouldn't have to suffer because their PM is a monumental bellend.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Boris is going to faff around, then on 31 OCtober put a "closed for cleaning" sign outside Parliament so nobody can get in to vote anything

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    Will BJ reduce taxes as he promised? Or is it all lies as before ...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    In general the EU adopts the lowest common denominator when it comes to standards.

But you know what, I'm talking utter and complete bollocks again...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    A huge aid package for Ireland? That'll be the unintended consequence of that fantastic trade deal they just signed with Argentina, who will shortly be flooding the EU with cheap beef, thereby putting Irish farmers on the streets. I won't bother to look up Argentinian food standards, but I bet they're a bit worse than you're average USofA standards. At least the Yanks don't cut down rainforests to produce beef.

But you know...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I won't bother to look up Argentinian food standards, but I bet they're a bit worse than you're average USofA standards. At least the Yanks don't cut down rainforests to produce beef.
    How much rainforest is cut down in Argentina to produce beef?

As for what their food standards are like, to be able to export them to the EU, they need to pass EU approval.

https://ec.europa.eu/food/sites/food...nd_meat_en.pdf

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    A huge aid package for Ireland? That'll be the unintended consequence of that fantastic trade deal they just signed with Argentina, who will shortly be flooding the EU with cheap beef, thereby putting Irish farmers on the streets. I won't bother to look up Argentinian food standards, but I bet they're a bit worse than you're average USofA standards. At least the Yanks don't cut down rainforests to produce beef.
    I thought one of the premise of Brexit was to throw off the shackles of the e.u and sign our own trade deals, or are the Brexiter's moving the goal posts again.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Nice try at deflection, but that doesn’t kick in for another 10 years.

It’s a concern, granted, but the blame for Brexit still rests on the shoulders of those who voted for it and the charlatans that encouraged them.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    EU prepares huge aid package for Ireland

Presumably this will help Ireland build the border wall.

That will go down well with the US Congress.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    So, if Boris does a U turn, what will happen ?

The sheeple who voted for Brexit will follow the u-turn and go back to moaning about 'metropolitan elite'.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    So, if Boris does a U turn, what will happen ?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Most important will be the identification of the traitors and saboteurs.
    Yes, you'll probably need to nip down to the cellar for a few months. Bung £50 into the Xmas drinkies fund and we'll say we don't know where you are...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    He'll probably co-opt Jacob Rees-Mogg into the Cabinet and one or two other hard nuts, get the Daily Mail on board and then attach different labels. The article 50 extension will be relabelled a "no deal" preparation and will no longer mention article 50, EU membership will be modified to EU exiting member and the final Brino deal will be relabeled a "managed no deal".

Most important will be the identification of the traitors and saboteurs.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    On the positive side, Johnson is more than capable of lying to the cretinous Tory party membership and then betraying them on Brexit.
    He'll probably co-opt Jacob Rees-Mogg into the Cabinet and one or two other hard nuts, get the Daily Mail on board and then attach different labels. The article 50 extension will be relabelled a "no deal" preparation and will no longer mention article 50, EU membership will be modified to EU exiting member and the final Brino deal will be relabeled a "managed no deal".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X